Egluntyne

Omleteers fit for 2014

Vicki what an achievement :clap:

Val, well done on the Nordic walking :D

Well my fitness bug is continuing unabated! :wink:

I successfully completed the triathlon and am signed up to another in Oct. 8)

I have also signed up to a 10k in September and a half marathon next June :anxious:

Did a 5k run down the seaside this morning and I'm getting faster.... Still stupidly slow... But slightly faster than I was :lol:

Hubby remarked to me today "You are looking really thin", I'm not I'm still chunky, but I am quite a bit thinner than I was :wink:

I think "super fit" may be pushing boundaries a bit, Vicki :wink::lol:

Yep Clare, I haven't changed :wink::lol:

But yep, fabulous things are happening :dance:

I said to Phil at breakfast this morning after returning home from the 5k run, that if you told me 6 months ago that I'd be getting up early on a Saturday morning to go running I'd have said he was mad :lol:

Tomorrow I am in a dilemma..... There is a 36 mile challenging cycle starting at 8am. Do I attend that or do I go for a shorter cycle on my own :think: The thing is, I want to go to my coached swim training in the afternoon :anxious:

Well, a bit of an update.

I did the 10k race last month and yesterday I did the last triathlon of the season.

As things currently stand, I don't have another event booked until June, so I am looking for things.

Have found another 10k race in 3 weeks which I think I may sign up for.

I'm 2 stone lighter now than I was in March, and my diabetes meds have been halved. Interestingly, I'm at the hospital heart protection clinic this morning and I'm hoping they won't need to see me as regularly or even at all after my results.

I still have my race tattoo on my arm from yesterday, so that should make an interesting conversation starter with the consultant :lol: