Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

It was 13 degrees when I went to bed last night, it is 11 now and we too have had alternating heavy rain and gales with sunshine. I have just spent half and hour in the garden sorting out my girls with clean water and bedding, it was lovely, sunny and fresh, it is now looking very threatening again. :roll:

I am very glad our temps have been mild, really I am . It is the flipping wind that pushes it to minus whatever and the deluge of daily rain that is starting to get on my wick ! :x My heart goes out to everyone that are battling the floods, living near the calder we have had bated breath too , But...

I have tried in vain to grab an hour or two of dry and Less breezy moments to dash out and scrub the cube.

It was last done in the middle of October.( I daily empty the poo trays )

So I scrutinised the weather reports on every possible channel I could find and made my plan.....between eleven and one thirty looked like it may be a bit dry ! Today !

So armed and ready I dashed out at just after eleven and got to work.....in sunshine of all things, bit windy though.

Just out of the shower and sat here now it is Torrential rain outside , incredible, but fantastic. Chucks are clean . :clap::clap:

It is very , very wet, the wind is picking up and I'm off to dry my hair .Then a cup of tea topped with worry over rising water levels once again and will my roof survive this winter......With Gd's help it will .

We had an almighty thunderstorm during the night- short lived but very impressive.

It's been dry and mild today with patchy sunshine. No rain for once, thankfully!

I've managed to clean out the WIR and replace all the tarps. Nice clean, dry chooks! This seemed to be the only window of opportunity for a few days, so rushed to get it done.

Feeling knackered but virtuous :lol:

Well done Groovychook. I have felt pleasantly cream crackered all day after the mammoth task at lunch time.

All this afternoon it has rained , it is still at it. I have never known a winter like it !

I'm not a huge fan of snow , but at least you know where you stand with the stuff . My tumble dryer and airer are never off atm . If the rain would stop my sheets and towels would blow dry out there in no time at all.

Weather for tomorrow , much the same. (but my chooks are all cleaned out.)

It wasn't too bad all day but started to rain mid-afternoon. It is pouring now :roll:

The Cherwell is very high again, and likely to breach if we get much more rain, large portions of the land at work are flooded, so the crew is out there in diggers creating new drainage channels... it's like one great big mud pie :lol:

the rain recently has been full of dirt because of the wind, so my windows in the sun this morning are revolting. I hate washing windows. :roll: lovely when they are done though.

Same here, mine are disgusting :oops: I was just thinking that I really must clean them and I hate that job too.

But then again... if it's going to rain again tomorrow :think::whistle:

Oh yes please :P:mrgreen:

Chooks got done, summerhouse got tidied, and I pottered around the garden a bit, then decided that I would walk to my local Morrisons instead of cleaning the windows, we did need some bread and it was a lovely day for a walk. It has been fab here this afternoon, quite mild and full sun decided to make the most of it. :D

Like you say GC it would be a shame to get the windows dirty again in the rain, so why wash them at all. :lol: