LolaLayla

Waterpik - Any users?

I am seriously impressed with my rechargeable Waterpik :) I have found that some rough bits at the base of my back molars which I thought had something to do with the huge fillings there were infact bits of plaque/tartar :oops: as I now have lovely smooth teeth :shock: I do get the scale and polish routine at the dentist every 6 months and that has never removed this. So am suitably amazed.

Angie - I have only had a slightly damp sleeve and I am still learning how to use it so don't be too worried about getting very wet. As DM says just keep head down over the basin. Before starting I watched a few youtube clips to show the best way to use it and they proved useful.

Thanks everyone , I have followed All the tips , draped a towel across shoulders , then nipped and watched the video again , just to be sure , then had a go ? :oops::lol::lol::lol: I got a bit wet .

Held the nozzle the wrong way round and got a shower whilst turning it the right way , then got a jet up my nose so sinus is now clear. had a good laugh and tried again .Dribbled down my chin and right down my front . You know what ?? It's flippin brilliant .

Much more gentle than a piece of stringy floss tearing into my gum and really good at clearing ALL the debris from my teeth and around my crowns , I adjusted the pressure setting and find the 6 is good for me .

I can see my usual four minute routine will possibly extend to a ten minute session now , and after meals. I don't think I'll floss again in the house , I'll save the string for eating out.

I called my dentist and thanked her for the suggesting it , wished she had told me sooner now.

The only problem I have is no electrics in the bathroom and no spare shelf to put it on , OHs things may have to be moved a bit till I clear some rubbish out and rearrange the shelves.

I like it and the water needs to be a bit warmer than my first attempt as I found a sensitive spot I didn't know I had.

I was checking out some reviews on this item, and they suggest using it before brushing your teeth so that the protective effect of the toothpaste stays on the teeth. There were some negs about the battery life - it seems that after around 8 months, the battery stops holding a charge, so it will be interesting to see how you get on over time.

I went all out and bought the waterpic water flosser complete care WP-900, as I needed a new electric toothbrush too due to battery not holding charge anymore in the old one, the Braun 5000 , (and my last toothbrush was nearly £80. so I thought it was a good buy.) Amazon of course £116.00 . The only attachment it didn't come with is the tongue s"Ooops, word censored!"er. And I ordered the extra waterpic classic head for £6.99 for OH when he's home.

Used it again ready for bed and it has taken away my bed time medication taste which is also good.

My dentist mentioned it last year but it thought it was a bit gadgetry for me , but when she mentioned it again and she thought I would benefit from it I ordered one. And it does what it says. Fab shiny smooth clean teeth

I feel I must confess I succumbed to buying one of these after I saw this thread, I'm sure a good percentage of items I've bought recently have been "omlet recommended" :oops:.

Anyway I bought the basic electric version waterpik and have been really pleased with it, I use the classic head head and OH is using the plaque seeker tip - I am amazed that he has persisted with it as he's not keen on anything gadgety. Apart from the initial soaking of everything in the vicinity :lol: and the shock of having the water too cold I've found it loads better than ordinary floss. And to top it all I went to my dentist today and she is really pleased with my teeth and thinks water flossing is a great help for keeping my new implant clean.

All in all another brilliant omlet purchase :D .

Well done Eggasperated,

I got pretty wet too for a few days :oops: I'm well away with it now.

I went for my dental app yesterday for the routine scale and polish with the hygienist , but all she did was polish as there was nothing to scale. I was a bit surprised as I'm not good at the lower back, left , poor wrist action to clean them properly , but she said they were really clean and to continue with whatever I was doing....Told her it was this water flosser , she suggested using the plaque seeker every other day and then a really good wash around with the classic......She admitted she uses one too .

My ED has used it when she has visited, she likes it too, ( but she is on a low wage so I have ordered her one as a surprise but only the ultra )

I really love how clean my teeth are , for what seems like very little effort and it is certainly more efficient then string floss .

I am still loving this :dance: I was at the dentist for a replacement filling and thanked her for telling me about it. She said she had been introduced to it by a patient and after being really impressed by her teeth tried it out for herself. It is soooo much quicker than flossing with string :)

Waterpik , Water flosser and sonic toothbrush in the complete care 900 , for myself and OH when he comes home on leave.

I have bought the Waterpik Ultra for my daughter , as she likes mine very much .( But with Easter hols and kids off school and my GD going to Gym Comp in Switzerland at the end of the month she just can't stretch to buying on, so I have treated her to it. )

I think they both look the same to me. The box is the one that is in your second link but I got mine in Boots. I know you said that your gums sometimes bled. Mine did too but this is so gentle you get none of that. You should see all the grot that is blasted out :vom::shock:

Honestly I have bought things, used them for a week or so and then put them away but this I feel is one that has become a way of life. It is so nice to have such clean teeth that you almost become a bit obsessed with it. Once you get the hang of it after a few uses it is really quick to use. I put warm water in it as I have sensitive teeth and use it morning and night. It has just become a routine now. I am sure people must think I have shares in the company or something but I have been totally amazed that it is so good. I know, as mentioned previously, that there have been reports of the recharging ability deteriorating over time but as there is a two year warranty I have just kept the receipt incase.

I was idly browsing these in Boots yesterday - there seem to be two models; the one linked above, which is larger, charges up and is cordless (£41-ish in our Boots), and the 'ultra' version, which has a smaller handset, which is attached to a base unit by a 'hose' which feeds the water in. This latter one needs to be plugged into a 2-pin socket during use, so you'd need a shaver point in your bathroom.

Phil has a Air Flosser one and it's pretty good, but I can see that the Water Pik might be more effective.

I have some Boots points accrued on my card, so I might be tempted....