leeweedon

Identify this Strawberry Plant.

it's not a strawberry plant

What is it then? :lol::lol:

It was planted from seeds in a strawberry packet..... the others look totally different. :doh::doh:

it's not a strawberry plant

What is it then? :lol::lol:

is it defiantly one plant?

It was planted from seeds in a strawberry packet..... the others look totally different. :doh::doh:

my first thought was basil but it doesn't look 100% right it more than likely did come out of the packet of seed more likely from the compost as most aren't sterilise anymore plus there's more and more green waste compost been used to pack out the contents of multi purpose compost which is resulting in a lot more weeds growing in with our seedlings. I've got about rogue 15 tomato plants growing this year that have come from the compost I've brought in and I've fed at least the same again to the chucks there's also 2 or 3 petunia seedlings coming on and that's on top of the weed and nettle seedlings I keep finding

My first thought was basil leaf looks very similar :?: not strawberry. Are you going to keep it growing :?:

It does give nice flowers!

I personally think it is still part of the basil family, but I have taken the liberty to sent your photo to a friend who has done botani. Maybe she has the answer. :wink:

Definitely of the basil or mint family.

I don't think it's mint as the leaves look to have a shine mint tends to be matt

Definitely of the basil or mint family.

I don't think it's mint as the leaves look to have a shine mint tends to be matt

No smell of basil or mint even if we crush a leaf.

I've changed my mind (!) - I think it might be Self Heal (Prunella vulgaris)

Got to say, that was my immediate reaction (well, weed, anyway), don't think it's basil or mint and the flowers don't look quite the right colour for self heal, but that said, I guess the flowers will vary HUGELY in colour depending on the environment (not to mention photos being notoriously unreliable at accurately depicting colour)

Looks like bugle to me. There are a lot of different varieties around with different leaf shapes and some look like your plant. Some flower spikes are big and others small. Google it and look on the images. You may have a new one!