chickencam

Strictly Come Dancing 2014 *May contain spoilers.

Agreed. Judy Murray was a bit stiff too. The bald headed gruff voiced baddie from Eastenders could move though.

Totally agree, so could the black guy - although he was a bit cocky

I thought last night's programme was a bit shambolic tbh.

It was very ragged, wasn't it, the group dance was a mess and even a couple of the professional dances lacked lustre and polish... but then what do I know....

I wish someone would cut Claude's fringe - she looks like a myopic hamster. I too had difficulty knowing some of the folk on there. They should do what they did some years back in Big Bro and out an ordinary person in as a trick. I'll volunteer. I suspect the bigger lady Alison will lose weight like Lisa Riley did - shes not a bad mover. I agree re the Blue guy he is cocky and a womaniser apparently according to the paper. The blond in the blue dress is Mrs Browns real wife (the bloke who plays her). Judy Murray looks very thin and almost malnourished.

Edited by Guest

What do we think so far?

I'm guessing that Greg Wallace will be out first, swiftly followed by Jennifer thingy from Mrs Brown's Boys and Tim

Wonnacott.

Frankie from the Saturday's was fab, but why does she plaster her lovely face with so much slap?

Jake from Eastenders was fab too, as was Sunetra Sarker.

I found the bloke from Masterchef painful but dangly glasses will go next week. I really enjoyed mrs Brown's boys, she could be a changeling. Agree Frankie was amazing and tom was tasty.

They need to discover their tits as that 98 year old ballerina on The One Show said.

Yes Snowy,now that you mention it,that is so true.Time for Anton to go and make way for some young blood.Another thought, I know they have the duo from Grimsby and the new guy from Ireland but a lot of the professionals are from overseas.Am sure there must be lots of British dancers as good who would love to be on Strictly.

By far the worst performer was Greg, if he had tried as hard as they seemed to say, then there is no hope. There seem to be quite a few in that poor category, Jennifer, Scott, bargain hunt guy and Greg. Glad that they let Claudia look like her usual self on the second night, she looked all wrong and very uncomfortable on Friday.

Just caught first programme on iplayer (great because I can whiz through all the dross)

So far; man with glasses can go, Judy Murray is wooden and lacks rhythm, DJ bloke was OK, but looks a bit pigeon-toed at times, bald guy GREAT dancer (and nice bum :oops: ) I think he may come adrift when he's required to grin though as smiling doesn't seem his normal thing. Pixie was pretty good, but badly out of time... bad luck pulling the jive as her first dance as it is fast, complex and must be in time. Girl dancing with Pasha was OK.

Regards Claudia; why on earth did they put someone round shouldered, and with dreadful posture in a strapless dress?

2nd programme; didn't Karen look lovely in rehearsals in her black leotard? I am soooo jealous of her divine figure :mrgreen: Essex bloke isn't bad at all, a bit leaden, but that will improve, he needs to get closer to his partner. Alison can dance! She was a joy to watch, even if Eliasch did look like he was going to disappear into her bosom a couple of times. Steve (no idea who he is, but what a physique!) heavy footed and seemed to have his weight on the wrong foot a couple of times, but I think he will develop well. Irish woman (didn't catch her name) really needs to go - like a sack of coals hauled around the floor :? Thom - anyone else reminded of a young Rupert Everett? Did pretty well, but stooped forward instead of arching his back; his partner should have picked upon this. Sunetra - not bad, she needs to bring her pelvis forward slightly, but Brendan does annoy me as I find him too dominant on the floor - he manhandles his partner around and dances to show himself rather then his partner. Greg... all I can say is Dad dancing at its worst :roll: has to go! Frankie (that girl has stolen my hairdo!!!!) Lovely dance, she and Kevin are very well paired. Singer Simon.... his natural cockiness suited that dance, not sure how he will handle the more sedate numbers though. Good dancer.

Not bad start to the new series, so seriously good first dances, some obvious 'early doors' there too... and Claudia's dress in the 2nd programme was a vast improvement!

Not sure about the 2 female presenting team thing; I think it needs the play between male and female to work.

I like Claudia, I think she's really natural with her presenting style, whereas Tess always seems to be trying a bit too hard to be funny and not entirely managing it. I must say, I'm not missing Bruce at all (so no surprises there).

I agree that Anton is a terrible teacher, he never seems to get the best out of his partners. Poor Judy doesn't really have a chance being partnered with him. Greg made me want to hide behind the settee, I was cringing so much. Tim Wonnacott was pretty dreadful, but at least I didn't cringe. Frankie was excellent, Alison was great and I think Simon was probably pick of the guys.

Looking forward to next week already!

I like Claudia, mostly because she is crackers. I don't agree that Anton is a bad teacher. Apart from Laila Rouass one year, he had been saddled with challenging, unfit partners with not a hope in hell of winning . You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear, so I think he plays it exactly right, for entertainment.