Egluntyne

Snow 2014/15

Must be nearly home time for you, Lewis? Whats the betting that, as soon as you are on your way, the heavens open and it snows? :roll:

I can confidently say that there's lots of snow in Japan. ES sent me a photo of his first day in new job - snowmobile guide or some such. He's also going to do heliboarding which sounds scary.

Great piccy Lewis. Lovely view ANH.

We just have sludge. Sunny at the moment! :anxious: Not enough to dry out though.

Having a big hate thing going on for walking up hills I did try and persuade OH to move to the fens, but that is not what he wants. He wants views and hills. I may move to the Netherlands. If there's a hole in the dyke we either stick a tourist in (like in Richard Scarry) to stop the leak or I can swim. Or slip my way along the canals when they freeze. Do they freeze up nowadays? I remember seeing people skating along them.

Snowing heavily here in derbyshire. I am quite pleased as for once I don't need to travel anywhere and made it back from visiting my folks in yorkshire before it started. Sat by the fire gazing out at the snowy garden, lovely

Oh no, not snow in Yorkshire.

My daughter is meant to be travelling there tomorrow morning for a weeks holiday in a self catering cottage somewhere near Pateley Bridge ?

Not too much snow I hope :(

Pretty as it may be ....

Lots of big feather flakes falling here, I love snow, but just hope the in-laws will be able to get home! They are with us, I'd hate for them to be snowed in here :whistle:

Just been out with DD to do the chooks now that little ones are in bed. The snowflakes are the biggest we have ever seen. DS and his girlfriend left at 7.00, it normally takes him 30 to 35 minutes tonight in the snow it took him an hour and a quarter. Along the A47 there were cars off the road and cars stuck, he said nowhere had been gritted! Why when there is a weather warning have the gritters not been out.

Chrissie

I'm not that far from Purplemaniacs or chuckmum6, but we didn't see any snow last nigh just a brief shower of sleet. The temp rose in the evening from 2deg to 6 deg at bedtime, and it blew like mad in the night. Now 2deg and some clear bits of sky.... I am hoping that the snow holds off today as I am mostly outside all day.

Just woke up to a snowy garden. First snow of the winter and first snow of the hens.

They decided they don't like it!

Didn't want to come out of the run (luckily I remembered to put the heavy duty tarp over my run!). And now have gone back to bed!

It's really slushy snow too, won't stay around for long I think.

imagejpg1_zps21bebfeb.jpg

:lol: I don't blame them, mine are the same when we get snow. They will be in the run all day again today, but it's dry and protected from the elements, so not bad at all. Edited by Guest

My run is not completely dry but mostly snow free. They ate their breakfast in the run (which they normally refuse, even in a complete downpour) and went back to bed! :roll::lol:

Look very pretty outside, snow ploughs have cleared the road including the side roads, so my in laws will be able to get home, phew!

6ins of snow easily here overnight. The roof of my hen house is a gonner!

Oh no! :shock: I hope you can get it sported soon.

I can see snow on hills in the distance from where I am today, but none here still.