quickcluck

would like to learn to crochet

Thanks CT, I just can't believe how long it's taking to do, I was getting into my stride a bit with it last night, but I've done less than a third of it :o

Funny thing is, I'm using some s"Ooops, word censored!" yarn to make him, the bit I'm using for his mane was some I used for a practice project some time ago which I've undone - I feel a bit mean doing that, but it has given him the most wonderful curly mane!!!

Sorry to jump in on the post but it's my summer project is to learn to crochet.

I've bought the 'starter pack' of needles/equipment on amazon and read lots on Attic24 and bought a guide to crochet ... but now I need some yarn! What's the easiest to use and can anyone recommend an online seller? Unfortunately for me I don't have a local shop so counting on some kind omleteers!

Also look at the yarn and choose one that doesn't split easily. I started with a cotton that was a nightmare. If you choose colours you really like you'll enjoy learning more. :D

Have fun and show us what you make. Please

I started with King Cole DK but if I were to choose a starter yarn it would be Stylecraft DK. So much softer and less squeaky! Even though the magazine yarns are free, only get them if they are a name otherwise they are a very cheap and not very nice yarn to work with. Charity shops sell cheap new DK yarn, well the ones here do.

Oops, just seen you need to buy online. Go to Woolwarehouse. Super cheap and super fast delivery. Plus it comes in a lovely sheer bag which you can use to stash your WIPS (work in progress) :wink: They do attic24 packs for various projects she has done.