Space Chick

Fun Hobbies?

We are here due to our love of Poultry :wink:

However, what other hobbies do you have?

Me, I play bass in a rock band!

Today, I have been in an exhausted state after a gig last night. With muscles aching galore.

However, I love performing live :D

So what do you get up to when you aren't cleaning out nest boxes and poo trays?

That is a very cool hobby! Nothing that good I'm afraid.

I have a great admiration for a group of mad knitters who raise money for a Spanish dog rescue, who help a breed of dog, called a Galgo (Spanish greyhound), who are highly mistreated by their hunter owners. This group knits silly hats for dogs and people buy them, take photos of their muts wearing them, post them on a facebook page and have a laugh. I have a long suffering retired racing greyhound who is the humiliated owner of around twenty of these hats..... :oops:

Bizarre hobby, I know.

The knitting for dogs sounds fun ! Can you share some pictures? I knit, sew, crochet and make things but I don't really see those as hobbies somehow, it's just stuff I do when I've got a spare moment. I suppose gardening and beekeeping are hobbies.

My main thing is singing - I sing in a choir and also do solos if I get the chance. That's the hobby that I'm passionate about and wouldn't give up.

I think these are hobbies rather than pastimes :

Fitness which I do lots of now

Learning which I do lots of now

Knitting socks which I do less of now

PlayStation which I do less of now

Getting out on the Bonnie but when it's warmer

Learning different kinds of stuff is probably my favourite. I'm listening to and trying to learn all the different rock and metal genres - I had no idea there was such a thing as Viking Metal and more about Middle Earth plus the online courses I've mentioned on another thread.

I really enjoy housework - cooking, cleaning, gardening and all that but as that's more of a necessity it doesn't feel like a hobby to me.

I sing too! In the shower! And in school to the great embarrisment of the kids.... :lol:

My hobbies are rather standard and boring. Photography is something I'm rather passionate about. Crocheting of course too. And I'm a tv addict. :oops: I love watching tv and clock some hours away each day. Mostly love crime programs and watch a lot of science programs too.

Reading is something I couldn't do without. I work above a library, so I'm like a kiddie in a sweet shop :D! And I get to be a member of that library as well as the ones in my home area - very spoiled :D

Dog walking, cat cuddling, watching the garden grow, feeding apparently endless small birds and squirrels.

In the days when I had the money, I used to travel and would still love to do that, but currently nothing too interesting or energetic :lol:

Ah, I used to sing, there were rock bands in my youth and then musicals and operetta.

Age hasn't been good to my voice though (which actually was never great, I got by on 'showmanship' :lol: )

These days my main hobby (or waste of time as most people see it...) is the online computer game Everquest which I've been playing for 14 years and through which I've met people (in real life as well as online) from all over the world.

I also do live roleplaying - again, tremendous fun and escapism :)

Walking with the hounds, and taking them ferreting with a friend and her dogs

Baking (yes, still!)

Renovating my Victorian house - ongoing as funds permit

Poultry keeping courses

Beating on local shoots

Taxi driver for my 16 year old

Annie - we have one of the hound hats too - bought for charity, except mine never wear it. As you can see, Cyrus looks massively embarrassed :lol:

20140917_204342_resized_zpsa1af3459.jpg

20140917_204325_resized_zpsdeb39e4c.jpg

Edited by Guest

I fish for mullet (as some of you already know), and surf (not as much as I used to or feel I should!).

Both weather dependent and sometimes feel more like hard work than enjoyment - especially at this time of year! I wanted to take up trampolining but can't find anywhere close that does it for adults :(

This has made me realise that I have been reading your username wrong...I read it as Mullethehunter and thought it sounded quite Vikingy :oops::shock: A trip to Poundland to stock up on stronger reading glasses, methinks :think::wall:

Walking with the hounds, and taking them ferreting with a friend and her dogs

Baking (yes, still!)

Renovating my Victorian house - ongoing as funds permit

Poultry keeping courses

Beating on local shoots

Taxi driver for my 16 year old

Annie - we have one of the hound hats too - bought for charity, except mine never wear it. As you can see, Cyrus looks massively embarrassed :lol:

20140917_204342_resized_zpsa1af3459.jpg

20140917_204325_resized_zpsdeb39e4c.jpg

I'm loving the hounds in hats I've got a few of those embarrassed looking hound photos myself!

If ANH is allowed online Scrabble then so am I, I play her, my OH and my two uni children. I find it a great way to keep the grey matter going and to keep in touch with my offspring. The idea is that they play just before going to sleep so that I know that they are tucked up safe and sound. I tend not to ask who they are tucked up with though. :wink:

I read far too late into the night (the only time I really get to myself these days!!) and always feel twitchy unless I have at least two books in reserve just waiting to be read!

History (anything before 1650) is a passion in whatever form and I would REALLY like to start making my own soap again sometime soon (hence the username :wink: ) tho, as it involves caustic soda and lots of time, its hard to combine with children!!!

There are also times when I get obsessed with tapestry but, again, less so since having the boys tho I do have several canvases waiting for a clever person to make them up!

Oh I do love Cyrus! He looks totally gorgeous in his hat :D Is the rescue SOS Galgos?

Most of my hobbies are animal related - obviously keeping the chooks, but also dog agility and horse riding. I've been riding since I was 5 years old but have recently discovered Western riding and am totally hooked. I don't really count the day to day dog walking as a 'hobby' (although I do enjoy it) but I love hiking and hill walking (as does Tango!) and we've tackled several mountains/peaks in various locations together.

I also sing and play clarinet (not at the same time :lol: ) in a church band which is great fun too.

Loving everyones hobbies! I do a little bit of walk/jog/running when my achilles tendon allows and play handbells in a team. :D Totally love it. I also have a Rainbow pack ( have been a co leader for 12 years and sole leader for last 2yrs. Would love to give this up but no one will take on the responsibility :(

We used to compete on the Clay Pigeon (made of bitumen and chalk) Shooting circuit, so at that time it was a serious sport. It needs a fair degree of agility, physical fitness and a lot of money. Eventually we slowed down and participated just for fun, when it became a hobby. Haven't been for years now because the chickens took over, but it's a skill you never forget so perhaps when the weather is better?