Space Chick

Fun Hobbies?

Alis girls! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

As for Mullethunter I've always wondered whether it was fishing or finding people who haven't quite got out of the silly 70's - like Limahl and pointing your finger at them and laughing your head off.

Me, well apart from like Alis girls - have that one sussed - I sing when I've dropped them off! And in my space "Ooops, word censored!"ody can hear me then. Rock on!

I like patchwork and quilting.

Tracing family history - but stuck now as I need to travel to get more info. Well apart from just up the road where it seems part of my clan originated!!! But as for the others I have to go further afield to Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Sussex and then up to Gloucester and Ireland! Best find was my great great great grandfather's ship record who was a master mariner, states that he had brown hair and blue eyes. He came from Yarmouth and was blind in one eye toward the end of his life. I can't help but go arrrrrrrrr ye be not a poyrot but ye have the patch. Second interesting discovery was the Irish side - great great great great grandfather was a surgeon. Or probably a butcher really. Meanwhile the inlaws of that generation was a superannuation officer for the mayor in Gloucester. The rest are all agricultural labourers and coachmen. The local ancestors worked for one of the mayors of London, so that was pretty interesting - which is why my uncle had a photo of his grandfather in flashy livery - sad thing was he never knew who the man was in the photo as he died before I got into the research. Actually wouldn't have made any difference, he did have alzheimers!

We also do lots of walking.

My main interest is really making sure my little darlings move out of here and get their own places! So maybe it is time to go back to Alis girls plan. Sing a lot at home - not necessarily hitting the right notes.

Dog hat is so cute.

Patchwork and quilting here as well in case you hadn't noticed :oops: Postcard swapping and various online challenges including our crafty swap.

Walking, cycling, eating, taken up badminton recently ouch my poor arm. Belong to a few craft groups. Hope to start horse riding again soon.

I love all your hobbies, we're all different but have that clucky thread running through us. :D

I'd like to try clay pigeon that must be so satisfying but you can keep the rainbows, cubs, guides etc., I remember what the kids were like when the boys went. :roll: Hats off to you :D

Great to read everyone's hobbies I'm glad I started this thread now :D

Here is a medley if some songs from our gig on Saturday. Sound quality isn't fantastic as was recorded in the audience :wink:

http://youtu.be/3d6eb-7te4c

If any of you like Pink Floyd, feel free to like our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/welshfloyd

(Mods - hope this is Ok as it isn't a business, it's a musical hobby)

I now have hobbies! it is a recent thing (December) when I finished a second Masters whilst still working full-time. Reading lots and keeping chooks are total necessities, not hobbies though :D

Since Christmas I have tried: Candle-making, Scherenschnitte (german/dutch paper cutting), dress-making, and knitting.

During my next week's leave I have lined up: chalk-painting, crochet, linocutting, more scherenschnitte, more dress-making, more candles (this time with proper wicks), some applique and maybe some knitting.

I blame Pinterest...

I am not terribly good at any of these, but after years of studying continuous, my family now call me the Hobby Lady or the Crafty-So-and-So!

I am really enjoying doing lots of things to relax, and it is a good way to fill the weeks until it's time to start digging over the veg beds . Lucky I have some feathered friends to help with the digging GNRPP(Bluebelle)(white chicken)

I have a few I suppose, I race cars (Peugeot 205 GTi, BMW 318i) all prepped myself so not as expensive, mind you I need to rebuild the engine of the Pug as it popped at Mallory :oops: . I am restoring a 1979 Triumph Bonneville T750E, I build my metal art, and we go away in our motorhome. Read the Kindles, and I do volunteer work as a beer tester.

All of these have taken a back seat since early last year when a big event rocked Irene and my lives,

"We got Chickens".

Now our hobbies are Gardening (repairs) DIY (sorting out the devastation each day on the patio), Puzzles (trying to stop them getting into planters), photography (you can guess what of), Cookery (Irene always cooks a little bit more of certain things as treats), Internet (Omelet), and mostly standing around in the conservatory or the garden with stupid grins on our faces watching our lovely girls. :D:D

In a way, I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned photography; I'm sure I've seen a few threads over the time that have been asking various which camera/which bag/which lens/which photo site type questions. @Cat Tails and Bill2B, links to your work would be much appreciated.

As for me, my time with the camera is severely limited as a result of hectic work and a recent house move. Nonetheless, I manage to get a few pictures every now and then. Other than that, my love of woodwork has given way to the purely functional lately, so my only real indulged interest is my cooking.

They are really beautiful photos :mrgreen: I should have added cooking and baking into my hobbies - I suppose I don't think of them as hobbies because it's something I have to do anyway (like walking the dog!) but I do enjoy both. I read quite a few cooking blogs and pick up inspiration from them - I'm always on the lookout for creative new veggie recipes, especially those based on wholefoods and not containing vast amounts of cheese or obscure ingredients. I figure that must cut me some slack to indulge in some non-healthy, non-wholefood cake now and again :lol:

I have a few things but the one thing I love above all the others is quad biking, I can't get enough of it, I have done it all over the place in all different terrain's...flying along on a quad in the Egyptian dessert is my idea of bliss.

We did a quad tour in Mexico and when we arrived we were booked with a group of American soldiers, they huffed and puffed about having an old girl with them (I'm 50) well needless to say I put those soldier boys in their place and at the end of the tour when they struggled to keep up there where lots of "high five lady"...... hilarious

I had a go on one of the 3 wheeled quad bikes (I know, I know) anyway it was in the 80s at Olivers Mount race track, a friend was racing there and I helped out. This bloke was whizzing round the paddock pulling wheelies and generally annoying the paddock. He offered my mate a go and then I got the offer. Off I went after 50 ft or so I was heading for a ditch, no probs I thought. I tried to turn and it just went straight on and I ended upside down in the nettles, much to everyone's amusement. Definitely art to driving them. :oops: