clipclopboc

Pressure washer vs hose pipe

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but its an evergreen topic.

Question is, what size or power, pressure washer do you need for an Eglu? Will the smallest be sufficient?

I have seen a few references to Karchers breaking down, but they also seem to be the biggest seller. Maybe all small pressure washers get used and abused and wear out...what is people's experience?

I have a small  karcher one - I love it but the other one from Karcher we had we kept in the garage and the frost damaged it - Now I clean and dry this one and keep it in the box

in the house and its been fine - No eglu anymore but use it for the paving slabs outside and love it.   Its plenty power for what you need.

We had a small Karcher which we rarely used. Two weeks outside the 1 year guarantee the plastic motor housing split and the entire unit was scrapped. Bet it hadn't had more than 5 hours use and was stored in the cellar, so absolutely no possibility of frost damage. Certainly won't buy another Karcher but am considering a Michelin unit which has metal motor housing. Think Karcher were good once, but now they have taken cost savings too far and they are not particularly cheap either. Keep your eye on Aldi or Lidl as they do 3 year guaranteed units very cheaply (Parkside).