Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

After reading the crochet thread, I had a look at Bella Coco - I haven't crocheted for nearly thirty years but so far this week I have made a tea cosy and butterfly's from her you tube videos also look at Attic24 been making some of her flowers. Clear and easy instructions.

I loved those butterflies she made.

I'm going to try and make a couple tomorrow afternoon after I've got in from work.

Not that I needed any more fabric :oops: I was buying some cotton batting from the Moda site and they do s"Ooops, word censored!" bags for £11.95 I think it was and it came today with my batting and its a wonderful jelly roll - not sure how many strips but all will match up well. I dont know when I will ever get to them but.... they are nice! :D and very reasonable.

Having to give up for a wee while - 3 bedroom carpets and bathroom vinyl to be laid - rooms to be emptied boohoo!

It's so warm I just took it off! On the other hand, it has loads of holes in it.

Be careful if you wear it in the Summer.

I wore a pretty (bought) crochet top - which also had a lot of holes in - on a hot sunny day and had to walk home from work only to find I had the most ridiculous suntan later :oops:

It's so warm I just took it off! On the other hand, it has loads of holes in it.

Be careful if you wear it in the Summer.

I wore a pretty (bought) crochet top - which also had a lot of holes in - on a hot sunny day and had to walk home from work only to find I had the most ridiculous suntan later :oops:

:lol::lol::lol:

I will keep an eye on it!

Well nothing much at the moment, been tidying up scaps and the mess I made with the last flurry of tops. I did have some cathedral window squares that went wonky, so I ribbeted those and ironed them flat - must measure them again as the seams were a quarter inch so need to double check that they are 8 inch squares - I think they must be the ends of the strip that were left over and I put them in the wrong pile! So they are now ready to sew.

My machine has come back from the doctors. I take mine in to Sew Divine in Reading. Lovely people in there. I had tension issues and although I cleaned the bobbin area as best I could, I thought it was something to do with threads breaking and disappearing in the top section. Not so. It was a tiny piece of thread in the bobbin part where you catch the thread around when you put the bobbin in. Who'd have thought there was room to get it stuck!!!! Well I'll be wary of that next time - the only part where I didn't use dental floss! :lol:

I've had a bit of a play on s"Ooops, word censored!" so that it removes excess oil just in case (they put a little sticker on all the playing that they did to advise me to do just that.

So all systems set to go! I'd better do some quilting while the table is clear. Next thing is to pin/baste it together. Meh, I have two! I mean oh joy - I have two to do! I might just finish by the end of March! :whistle::anxious::lol:

I forgot to say I bought a compatible free motion quilting set from the shop - I already bought a high shank one but it was wrong - I needed a low shank :roll: But if anyone wants one of those chunky adapters for a Janome with a high shank I have one that I will not be using (an expensive mistake at the quilt show!) luckily the ruler attachment also can be used on the low shank so that's a relief. Had another practice today and I used a ruler. Need to add something non-slippy to the bottom of it, but it seemed to go reasonably well. One thing to be aware of is that the screw on the left hand side prevents you from using the foot unless you use it on the right hand side or diagonally - it will take a bit of getting used to but like they say practice, practice and practice.