Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

Nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! He's so cute! Love it!

Thanks for the info Plum. I'm using Superior Rainbow with bottom line at the moment. The machine still likes to chew the thread, but at least I get a jolly good run - YLI just wouldn't go 6 inches! I've decided to use it with piecing on the treadle - it's happy to use any thread.

Finished the binding last night. Her ladyship wants to collect it on Friday. I said I wanted to have a nice photo of it - she said I could have one with her wrapped up in it. Not quite what I meant! So looking for a nice spot in the garden (not much out there apart from the ceanothus which has seen better days. Other than that a dry spot on the grass would be OK at a push (it'll rain now).

Guess what? Raining! :lol::roll:

But also quilted the neonatal quilt today. Just walking footed it. Needs binding now. OH has to have his heart assessment tomorrow - but little does he know I'm planning a quilt for him. All sorted and played with on EQ6 (can't update to EQ7 - darned new regulations!) as you may guess I love stars, so after the mystery quilt I enjoyed playing with the tri rec rulers - I'll be doing that plus snowballs and alternating the blocks. But I'll have to do that really sneakily!

:lol: Yeah, he peeks in when I'm upstairs while he's climbing up and down the stairs (20 times for his heart). And I do pester him and show him what I'm doing, but piecing will be easy - the quilting not so as it will stay on the machine until I've done! :lol:

Such an adorable chicken Cat Tails! Beautifully done!

I'm working on costumes for the kids school play. They are doing You are a Good Man Charlie Brown. My oldest is a background character, so she got to design her own costume. At 15 she is beyond picky, but I got her to finally choose a cute hot pink and black plaid printed on the bias knit fabric. Made up a cute dress with slightly gathered sleeves so she looks like a little kid and a circle skirt on a dropped waist. And matching shorts as she wasn't going on stage in a dress without them!

My 14 yr old is the Little Red Haired Girl. I still need to find some quick to wash out red hair dye as she is blond! Drafting huge puffy sleeves for a 5'8" girl was hilarious! I just need to do a pleated skirt to attach to the bodice and she will be ready. I don't usually enjoy making costumes, but these are pretty fast.

My twins keep presenting me with their fabric or wrapping it around them and sulking while I sew. I shouldn't be sewing dresses for their sisters, but for them! Their dresses keep getting overshadowed by other projects. Not that I didn't make them several each last month! 3 yr olds need pretty dresses and lots of them!!!

Then the oldest boy is desperate for the jammies I didn't get finished! I need like 12 more hours at the end of each day to complete the projects I have planned! I don't know where I'm going to find the time to make full Pioneer garb for the older girls for next month! I have to make dresses, aprons, bonnets and bloomers for a 3 day youth reenactment of crossing the plains to settle the West. After writing all of that down I think I need to go into denial! I have baby chicks to pick up in 9 days! I need to make them a temporary play pen until I figure out what to do with them! I think a cardboard box will be a quick home!

:lol: Sounds like you have everything to keep you occupied there! You exhausted me just reading about all that sewing! Of course we now need photos so you can show it all off and we can clap and cheer at what you've done. :D

I gave Madam her quilt yesterday and she loved her surprise cornerstones. I've also whipped it back home here because I wanted to take a nice photo for the records with a pretty background setting. DH has mowed the daisies on the grass. Hmmmph. The shrubs that looked so lovely last month have gone over so not exactly wonderful. And why are my mother's peonies blooming when mine are about a week away or more from getting a glimpse of the petals. :roll::x And now it's raining! :roll: I have requested the use of my friend and neighbour's perfect garden with her decking so I'll be trotting over there . . . when it dries up again.

You will soon get the hang of knitting Cat tails :D

I can do knit, purl, cast on and cast off :D

Youtube is handy for learning front to back if you need that skill - I can do that too :dance:

Knitting has helped me understand crochet and when I have more time I will start both again soon.

20170517_223705_zpsxw1xss6s.jpg

This is my dd's birthday shirt I made her on Friday night as a surprise! She loves all things panda! Please excuse the 3 yr old photo bomber!

20170513_143451_zps28pkc9e9.jpg

Here are my big girls after their Charlie Brown play with their teacher. We were running out and caught her. My 14 yr old is the Little Red Haired girl (hair died the night before. It is a washout dye!!!). She had a bow on her head made out of the light green fabric. My 15 yr old is in the plaid dress. She is a background character with 1 small solo.

20170516_210605_zpsqjfgkrbh.jpg

Now I need to made Pioneer clothing! Ugh!

She loves that panda shirt! I make all of their tops and most of their other clothing like yoga pants, leggings, jeans, shorts and dresses and skirts. I got too stressed and bought them a pair of jeans and some capris each this Spring, but I usually make all of their clothing. I was way overbooked making 3 bridesmaids dresses, 2 flower girl dresses, 6 wraps, and 3 full cloaks for my little brothers wedding. I'm not used to making formals! They are known for their clothes in the neighborhood. They have grown out of the really fun stuff, but they love what I make!

Finals are all turned in and grades are what they are for the kids. I hope to hide in my sewing room tomorrow and only come out to play with my chicks with the kids! I need to work on Pioneer garb, but I want to make me something casual for summer. I'll probably make something cute for my twins. Big eyes wrapped in fabric pushes me over often. I focused my effort on my oldest son earlier. Kid just keeps growing!

I made my oldest son some jammies today. He is the most appreciative child ever! The fabric is this unbelievably soft cotton lycra. We keep giving him back rubs to feel up the fabric! I made boxers as well, so he has a matched set. I can get the jammies and boxers out of 2 yds of fabric.

20170523_002443_zpsktbbgy10.jpg

I just realized that my quick pic before bed is a little blurry! I'll try to get a better one tomorrow.

Lovely clothes - I do like the jammies though.

Have been playing a bit with the treadle - still getting used to it by doing string piecing. Figured I couldn't mess that up!

But it's so hot in the crows nest, so I can't really go up and play much. I was rearranging everything and sorting s"Ooops, word censored!"s at 6am last week though! I have one really neat area on the shelves. The rest of the room looks like hurricane Kooj passed through - well I did and I passed right on downstairs as it began to heat up and I needed more coffee!

Got these done last night and they left this morning. Here is my 14 yr old in her pioneer dress. She also has a purple floral apron with the same lace on this collar on the pockets.

20170608_000045_zpsuwjmar1j.jpg

And my 15 yr old. I couldn't find the button up white shirt that she was going to borrow. So this knit one is being used in a pinch. She also has a 1" black and white gingham apron.

20170607_231535_zpsttpehsfy.jpg

They each have a change of bloomers for tomorrow as well.