Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

Those are fab outfits LAB :clap::clap:

It's a shame you live in America as I could really do with someone to help me make a Roman costume :?

Any tips ?

Big white sheet? :wink:

Yep, got that bit :lol:

Just been looking for ideas and apparently only bad girls wore togas and well behaved girls wore dresses :shock:

Going shopping tomorrow to look for some gold accessories.

What look are you going for? I found this one in a quick search that would be very simple to do with open or closed sleeves. Its all in the accessories. A quick goggle search for greek costume diy came up with lots of simple ideas that might work. You could do a simple dress and drape a pretty cloth on one shoulder and secure it with the belt for an hour costume that would look gorgeous with the right accessories.

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/lllym/13404945/165008/165008_600.jpg

I would show you but Pinterest is playing silly devils! Completed 2 neonatal quilts. Done a feathered star medallion ready for the next bits, but mostly it's too hot to sew. On cooler days I've been in the garden, so a lot of my fun has been hampered a little.

Does anyone use instagram? I normally use photobucket but that's getting a bit erratic too!

I love the hand crank, she's quite accurate and I can control her fairly easy. Correct height would be a bonus, but on holiday you take what you can get - I think it was a bit high, but apart from a numb bum on the chair, it wasn't too bad. I actually prefer her to my Janome. The idea is to just use the Janome for quilting, but I now have a walking foot for the treadle. There's a lady in North Somerset that does free motion quilting with her treadle - and she's fantastic. Check out Lizzie Lennard blog. She's done some videos on looking after and cleaning your vintage machines - that's how I found her originally. She doesn't have any electric machines! Not quite ready for that just yet with regards to Vera.

Er, I've just got myself a 201K - but I promise that's the end of the vintage wants. I won't be collecting her just yet as the lady is going on holiday. So I will have 3 war time ladies - I keep thinking Andrew Sisters! :lol: And the Victorian Lady Pearl Verah (Vera was the name of the owner, but I already had a Vera). I can't quite stop looking though. Nice to look but definitely don't touch - my ladies might get jealous! :wink:

That is beyond adorable Cat Tails!!!! My kids would love that! I would have never thought to crochet a playmat.

Me neither! Hooray for the internet! Found the pattern on Ravelry when looking for something to make for a baby. Found this instead and love it.

Making a sheep for the baby :wink:

Beautiful crochet as ever Cat tails :clap::clap:

Thanks Luv! :D

It's so cute! Love his little trews!

Plum - I have my 201 home today. I've called her Agent Peggy Carter. :lol: Well she's the smart one with lots of oomph. Much better than I thought - a really lovely machine. Just needs a new belt and I've ordered that. She's pretty clean so just a quick check over and an oiling and she's good to go. :D I have only just remembered you asked which paper piecing patterns I had with regard to Judy Neimeyer. I know I have a couple of the wedding ring types, but it's all filed away with the paperwork. Will try and remember to make a list for you. xxx

Blackrocky this is a taster - I've had "issues" with Photopassthebucket so Pinterest is the only one with a machine on it at the moment. This is my first machine - I was lucky enough to get her for £30 - I still don't know why "Ooops, word censored!"ody bid for her apart from me - and it was just round the corner from my friend! She was a well travelled machine - been all around the world with her owner, Pat, who had her from the start and before she got married. She was bought in the mid 1940's but she was actually made in the 1930's - war intervened and so along with many others she was cast but sat on the shelves while ammunition was made instead. I feel very lucky and very honoured to be in possession of such a beautiful machine with such a fantastic history. And then I wanted more! :oops::lol:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/203717583127968640/

Blackrocky this is the link to finding out how old the Singers are. Most serial numbers are on the top of the machine, but some of the ancient ones are underneath. Some have 2 numbers and I think the highest number is used for dating? Not sure about that as those I have seen, I didn't want! But here goes:

http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_machine_company/serial-numbers/singer-sewing-machine-serial-number-database.html

Main thing to check when getting the machine is that it actually works - if no belt, just turn the wheel. Look underneath and if it looks like a horror story it may just need a jolly good clean - oil goes really yukky, but it does protect from rust if the machine has been left in an outbuilding/garage. Bobbins sometimes are rusty because any thread left in there will draw in moisture. Good luck, I hope you have a really good find - yarrrr treasurrrrre. :D

What a lovely machine. I can understand how you must feel. So mean of her. :( But on the bright side, of the hundreds of thousands that were made, so many are still popping up - just a little longer wait for the perfect one. And it will come.

I've had a bath (yayyyy hang the flags out) and I've still got paint on my neck! :evil: And my hands and my toes (don't ask). I used my nice bamboo scrubbing brush but it didn't get it all off. After that scrubbing I feel I must run across the snow and dive in a fjord. :wink:

Love the sheep Cat Tails! Adorable!

I started sewing my girls capsule wardrobes for Fall/Winter. Kids keep growing! We spent the weekend plotting/planning and shopping. My oldest is nearly 16 and only wears black, grey and little splashes of teal, dk red and colbolt blue. She will wear black and white prints as well. I don't own a single piece of black clothing! It's a stretch for me to dress her nicely within her desires. We came up with a cute plan for her! She wants a moto jacket in pleather and some cute tops.

My second is 14 and me made over. She is going to have a light pink, mint and light denim wardrobe. I found a cute jean jacket for her (I don't want to make one this year) and a ton of fabrics in my stash. I made up 3 tops in pinks and some leggings for her today. I hope to start on her mint items tomorrow. I bought mint serger thread! Batch sewing isn't my favorite, but it sure is fast! I'm so done with pink today. She was a happy girl with her new things. She loved them and they fit perfectly. I think I'm going to need to make myself some tops similar to hers (same patterns). I impulse bought some super soft grey knit to make myself a sweater thing. We are all going to get one in different fabrics and textures! Now it just needs to cool down enough to wear long sleeved clothing!