Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

I'm 3 bear paw blocks short of finishing that bit.  Sashings and borders next.  I'm getting quite used to Molly now and zipping along nicely.  The shoulder ache that I had at the retreat doesn't seem to bother me now.  I've adapted!  Although I'm only doing a couple of hours a day and not the whole day plus evening!

Cat Tails your creatures are brilliant! How clever! I can't do ANYTHING crafty - I blame 'leaky elbow syndrome' a medically recognised problem where the brain knows what it wants to do and the hands function perfectly well but, somewhere between the two (hence the elbow bit), it all drains away ;)

Had a course run by Stuart Hillard on Tuesday - I'm glad I went (nearly missed it) because it was machine applique.  What fun and what a nice man.  Then he did our group evening talk last night - it overran somewhat and it was so funny.  A thoroughly entertaining fellow.  We laughed ourselves silly.  I'd never heard of him before - apparently lots of other people did!

I had to look that up - yes!  He was in the first Great British Sewing Bee - but only applied because it was supposed to be all sorts of crafts - only shortly before airing they informed him that it was clothes only - and he'd only done pyjama bottoms and didn't enjoy the experience so the pyjama top was never completed - he crochets, knits (from age 3, knitting own jumpers by 8 ) and loves quilting so he decided to continue - just as well as his career really kicked off.  He has some amazing anecdotes!

Today I have mostly been making....a mess! Nothing to do with the swap - which I'm not doing as I am rubbish but more trying to get ready for friends coming tomorrow for BH festival in our village and preparing Welsh cakes so that I can just pop them on the griddle when we get back!

Currently 8 boxes of fabric (some have books to fill spaces) that are something like 64 litres from Staples/Office thingy - great on sale - only 5 clear and blue coloured.  Works brillliantly to fill without needing Precious McKenzie to lift and stack.  Then I filled a huge box with batting and cushion fillers - perfect and  very light to lift.  Then my quilt tops plus batting and backing that are ready to be quilted are in yet another huge box.  Time is racing and I still have loads to do - need more smaller boxes!  Meanwhile OH has packed up greenhouse and shed stuff (avoiding the garage which is his nemesis:lol: ) so no sewing at the moment.  Very frustrating though.