Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

:D and to you. Can't understand a word but will keep an eye out at FOQ

I have my ticket for the quilt show and it's for Saturday - couldn't rely on anyone to sort out the chickens on the weekdays. OH printing off the e-ticket for me! NEC here I come! :dance:

My friend didn't want to go. :( But she has issues with her mum. Not dementia but brain problems after an accident and getting progressively worse, poor girl, so she needs to help her dad. What a shame she can't feel that she can have a break on her own - she'd feel so much better. :(

And it looks like the boy has a house and moving this Friday/Saturday. I'm a little hesitant until I know all's been signed, sealed and delivered! My room, my ROOOOOOOM!!! :dance:

Ended up starting to knit squares again...I seem to have done a dozen in the past fortnight, so it looks like it's going to be another blanket making summer!

:lol: It feels like a good idea with a little chill in the air!

The house has let agreed put on it! The boy is moving - for 6 months at least! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I'm a very bad mother. :oops:

MY ROOOOOOOM!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Hello fancy quilt sewing machine, how I've missed you!

I've turned a charity shop £1 skirt into a top, because the only broderie anglaise tops I could find were white and very short sleeved.

Skirt

IMG_0372.jpg

Find a top you like the shape of and lie it over the skirt, both folded for a bit of symmetry :)

IMG_0415.jpg

Cut out shape

IMG_0416.jpg

and sew together!

IMG_0417.jpg

I've hemmed it now, and am going to use a bit of the old waistband to put cuffs on the sleeves then I just need to find my bias binding to do the slash neck!

Sorry, photos are a bit big :oops:

:shock: Wow! That's the sort of thing I fantasise about doing, but don't have the courage to try ... that looks brilliant.

Wow just like that! You didn't even unpick the seams, I'm amazed. And it looks great :D

Thank you! Compared to the wonderful craft things you lot on here are able to create I thought it was a bit of a poor relation, to be honest.

You didn't even unpick the seams

No, the skirt upside down had all the seams in the right places to give enough shape, the curve of the hemline matched what I wanted for t shirt style sleeves too. I was pleased that the sleeves actually look OK as they are and hang well, despite them not being a separate piece of fabric.

I've got a nearly finished skirt from a toile de jouy Canadian bedsheet somewhere, lost in the house move at present, will post a pic when I find it :)

Thank you! Compared to the wonderful craft things you lot on here are able to create I thought it was a bit of a poor relation, to be honest.

Oooh no not at all, never think that. Even first goes at things may not go the way you want, but anyone having a go at anything is something to be proud of. And you have made a unique shirt. Such a good idea. :D

Finally getting somewhere with my vest... All Granny Squares done. Now just to attach them to eachother and figure out what to do with the rest of the vest... :eh:

image.jpg1_zpssjqlux2l.jpg

very pretty and love the variation of the colour placement :D

Haha thanks! But just followinf the pattern so far! :wink:

I have a gazillion ends to get rid off.... :cry: will take forever!