Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

I got a bit carried away at the Festival of Quilts (super this year by the way) and ended up buying an Accuquilt Go!  Nicely discounted too.  There seemed to be less classes going on the ground floor and the walkways seemed much more roomy.  In fact it was a much more pleasant experience than last year.  I drove but got in early - did all my shopping in a short time and had more time to look at the quilts after dumping my booty back in the car.  Didn't get to see it all - you really need a couple of days for that - or more.  Met one lady from the North Hampshire Quilters that pounced on me!  And then someone called me before I carried on walking by in my own little world - our very own Plum!  Lovely to see you dear lady! 

No excuses for having a ton of scraps left over now.:$

Just something else for you to pack!  Was lovely seeing you all of a sudden appear in front of me like a friendly vision.  I can't wait to get back on sunday, I'll take my purse this time, what an idiot!  A number of stalls have packets put away for me. 

I loved it this year, there were so many inspiring quilts and I had one of mine there.  I never saw anyone looking at it but that was fine, I was more terrified that when I saw it the cat pee and my attempt to cover up the colour runs would show but it looked good.  Someone posted a pic of it on facebook which was exciting ( I know I'm sad xD)

Just thought I'd put a note on here in case you've missed it.  There's a Christmas craft swap being planned by Luvachicken.  Doesn't matter if you don't have time she doesn't take no for an answer.:)

I've made 2 A4 size quilts for a challenge on the theme of through the window I'll share with you.

20181001_095640.thumb.jpg.f76f2b83f17f82b6632fb0b9d3f5754f.jpg20181011_112620.thumb.jpg.04f13f154f0a2a9082cf2e02ba88b16a.jpg

It's supposed to be views through the back window of a coach

Edited by Plum
  • Like 3

Those are fantastic. I'm in awe of the skill and patience people like you have. I'm still trying to create a floor mat for a baby to lie on but I'm making a right hash of it. I'm persevering in the hope that it will turn out but I'm running out of time. The good thing is that everyone knows my skill and patience are limited so there's no great expectation. I'll post a picture if I ever finish it satisfactorily.

I have no idea why that's all underlined! 

Patsy - it's a floor mat so it will be mooshed and squashed and cuddled (dribbled, upchucked and possibly widdled too) and nobody will notice the bits that you aren't happy with.  But it will definitely be loved.

Also guilty of not finishing my first quilt too.  It's up the top of the pile but avoided - probably because nowadays rotary cutting is bliss, rather than cutting round templates with scissors.  The sewing machine is faster too - that one is all done by hand!

• Like 1

My mother has just given me a book on quilting (goodness knows why! She is perfectly well aware that I struggle to sew a button on!) called Patchwork and Quilting by Gail Lawther and Angela Besley. I know that there are a fair few quilters on the forum so, if anyone wants it, I am happy to post 2nd class (or pick up from OX44 7YF) otherwise will just go to the charity shop next weekend! Please shout before next Friday if you'd like it.

They are lovely. :D  I'm wondering where DD's knitted patchwork blanket got to - probably still in a box.  We needs it!

So as it's been bleh weather I've been tackling more blocks for the Jacob's ladder.  Just a few 4 patches short but easily done and then I've virtually run out of that fabric!  Whoohoo stash bustin'!!!!

Oh good well see it soon then and you can replenish the stash.  Or have we seen Jacob already?

I've been making a mini quilt for a swap just 24" square.  Takes as long as a normal one.  I've used Turkish Iznik ceramic tiles as inspiration.  They've fascinated me since I saw ceramic balls hanging in a Turkish cafe in London with ES.  Bought one when I went to Turkey.

You have seen it Plum - on the phone, but I haven't uploaded the pics onto the lappy yet.  I've just made it a bit bigger - it's supposed to be 6 x 8 but I have enough for 7 x 8 which probably means the pattern won't be symmetrical.  I have run out mainly of the green - it was spare backing fabric, so that was scrap really.  I need to hunt around to see if I can find some smaller bits for 32 half square triangles (3.5 inch strips or 8 x 8 inch magic squares) but doubt there are any more  smaller bits squirreled away.