Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

Smaller squares were made from 2.5 inch strips and sewn and cut to add to 4.5 inch floral squares (I think) - all joined up together with plaid rectangles made 16.5 inch squares - lost count then! :lol: There were a fair few of those. This is the largest one I've ever done (and it was surprisingly how huge when I joined it all up)! Not sure I need to do such a big one again, but it was a good exercise and this time, now that I made sure my seam allowance was marked to the scant quarter inch (ohhh what a lovely little tool that was), most of the seams lined up. There were a couple that I went wonky and if they looked really bad I just unpicked and had another go. Others were barely mismatched so I let them by - once quilted it won't show.

And whoohoo in my stash in the cupboards I have wadding which matches the size. Says Queen. I guess that's larger than King. Well it is in my household - I'm the big lump and Muz is thinner! :lol:

So just need backing. I'm going for normal American muslin for that. It'll be around £23 for the section and at 108 inches wide it will be perfect.

Brilliant work 8)

In my quest (and what a quest) to tidy the spare room, I have discovered a huge blue and white heavy cotton throw (think ticking type stripes). I will use that to back my latest quilt which I still haven't started work on :roll: Going to Germany with my Dad at the end of October and really want to take it with me to leave at the house there. It is Baltic there in the winter and I need a decent patchwork for the bed. I'm cheating and have bought a Moda layer cake (French General Collection) nice 10" squares which I might (or might not) cut into 5" squares.....

Well I've been doing Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt. I'm still none the wiser as to how it will finish - there seems to be a lot of variations if you play with the bits! Clue 5 will be on Boxing day. I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm only doing half the amount for a smaller quilt. I can add bits to round it off if needs be.

https://www.pinterest.com/koojie/allietare-mystery-quilt/

Love playing with blocks, love sewing along with people on a challenge like this.

Starting January I'm starting a sew a row round robin. We have to make a 6" row every month for different participants and each has their own theme, all sorts like beach, water, batiks, trees etc., mine is birds including poultry and habitat can't wait to see what others come up with :D It's international so the postie better behave