Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Fine in South Oxfordshire this am in spite of forecast for torrential rain! Great up to about 4.30pm when it started to belt down..now just grim.

Our neighbours are due back from 2 weeks in the Maldives tomorrow and will, no doubt, be mahogany coloured :roll: Still, at least I have been off watering duties at theirs over the last few days as its been so wet!

Aha! That's because we have your rain... we are in Dorset this week, today started off well enough,but fulfilled the forecast, and was lashing down with rain by 1pm :roll: I am off up the road with the dogs to see if the ford has flooded 8)

Oh dear, must have gone further east than expected. It's still fine here although the weather station is saying rain.

Hope it clears up for you before you head home!

started off overcast this am hot and sunny from noon till about 5ish no fun bagging and moving best part of a ton of soil

That sounds like hard work sjp!

We have been lucky really, the really bad weather has mostly been at night, and the thatch absorbs most of the noise.

it was in full sun when I was expecting to work in the rain plus I don't like hot and humid conditions

We had heavy winds and rain all evening, although it had stopped by bedtime. The ford at the ither end of this village was in spate, and about a foot deep. I took the dogs out in the rain to look at it, and tokk photos to show my dad.

Beautiful here this morning, although it was colder in the night.

Was chilly this morning - clear and just 3deg; could see my breath when I took the dogs out. Scorching later, but I went out, under the pretence of buying pellets, but really to see the wee poopies and kiss their ears :oops: and they'd had a thin film of ice on the tractor at 5am, but then it is pretty exposed there.

It's been lovely here for the past couple of days too and a beautiful, crisp start to the day today :D

Lots of fine weather forecast for you to finish your run mullethunter!

Another lovely warm day here.

It's still 18 deg now but the temperature drops so quickly as the sun fades.

I like the combination of crisp mornings and warm days 8)

I took a photo this evening while walking across the fields; the sky was lovely, and there was a parhelion (sun dog) in the clouds... it wasn't really as dark as it looks; the phone camera was taking a reading off the sky.

parhelion_zpsdghle94u.jpg

Lovely photo DM 8)

I love the golden light that you get from the low sun in the evening at the moment.

Just seen the evening forecast and the rest of the week looks good :D

After about 2 weeks of really lovely, bright and clear Autumn weather, we have 11deg, dark, blustery and rain :roll:

I guess we're due it, but I don't feel ready to say goodbye to the sunshine just yet :(

According to the RAF Benson weather forecast sun will be back for the weekend but it will be cooler! :roll:

Damp and miserable here in south Oxfordshire for the moment tho :wall:

A lovely bright morning, but we've had torrential rain on and off for most of the day, along with dark skies, power cuts and everything except for plagues of locusts :roll::lol:

3deg again this morning with a clear sky and a ground mist, the mist is lifting, and we have a light frost on the flat roof at the back. Chilly, but lovely.

Beautiful day and to think at the beginning of the week we were contemplating buying canoes to go shopping!