Christian

The Weather Thread #9

We had lovely sunshine until mid afternoon, but it looked like it could rain any minute for the rest of the daylight hours . It then cleared and got pretty cold again over night, about 3degrees, it was 1.5 the night before.

Sun is shining beautifully here again at the moment and the council are mowing the grass verges, they don't normally bother after September.

My builder dropped off a good many sacks full of wood offcuts and waste, so the woodburner has been roaring away all evening.... need it too as the wind has turned to the north, and it is bitter.

The Michaelmas Fair is in town now, and I always think that this week is the turning point in the weather, when it starts to get cooler all of a sudden. I went back for gloves when I walked the dogs this morning. :?

We have had some dramatically dark clouds today, but no actual rain until dusk and then only a smattering. It has been so dark today :(

A beautiful day here today, so warm I walked up to the shop without a coat.

Today is St Luke's day, and a warm period at this time of year this is known as a 'St Luke's Summer'.

Lovely and warm today. Yesterday was a bit cloudy but it's blissful today.

So nice not to have to wear layers at this time of year :D

It brightened slightly mid-afternoon, and I had enough daylight after work (just) to walk the dogs across the fields rather then a town walk. It's very mild.

First miserable day here. Dank and dull but not too cold.

It's a bit of a shock to the system isn't it? We've been spoilt recently.

Having said that, it was mainly dry this afternoon but murky, dull and mild. Yuk.

it was wet first thing then damp up to dinner then dry wit a hint of sun but it's been a warm muggy day. ended up working out with out a coat this morning and still stayed drier than wearing the dam thing

It's been a very summery weekend.

Unbelievably warm for this time of the year. Definitely not layering weather. Just a strappy top for dog walking and still felt too warm.