Christian

The Weather Thread #9

had a bit of snow yesterday most of which had gone by noon just the cold spots were it stayed, had a dusting just after dark'

today heavy frost overnight/early morning which hung around till dinner time. the ground through is well frozen even now just the odd spot were the sun court it about 2ish thawed. at some time overnight it went cold enough to freeze the top 15-20mm of water in the greenhouse water butt. yet the last hour has been warm enough to take my coat of

We had some heavy snow, briefly last night, then a hard frost. the bottom of my road has a slightly raised junction - it's a quiet side road and this stops eejits racing around, but it gets like a skid pan in the cold weather; neighbour completely lost it on the raised bit this morning, no traction at all so I had to tow them off :lol:

Been lovely today, but VERY cold. Now clear and -1deg.

Very cold yesterday with a dusting of frozen snow - didn't even melt until this morning! The birds water (wild ones) had to be thawed twice this morning! But we did have sun and rain drops! Clouded over this afternoon and it seemed to get warmer. Thrill a minute type weather - not! :roll: Roll on summer. Although spring must be definitely be springing - the squirrels were having quite a session in the oak tree! I suppose it makes a change from pigeons and sparrows. :roll:

Quite an odd day weather wise. Very cold with a biting wind. Shot at the archery ground this morning for a competition, bitterly cold but sunny to start with, by 11.00 it had clouded over and we then had hail.

On the way home I couldn't see across the valley.

This afternoon we have had sun, rain, hail and snow. Just been out to the bin and it is frozen shut.

Chrissie