Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Well here I am in Hoddesdon!  There is no snow here!  There may have been but it was definitely bad in B'stoke when I went to pick the ladies up.  We had another inch overnight at home.  Saw 4 cars - one wrapped around a lamp post!  But a good ride up and lots of sunshine.  Pity we were indoors sewing, but a chilly wind, so that was OK!

Spring has definitely springdid!  We saw 2 brimstone butterflies today and the bees have been buzzing around the flowers. I have a perennial wallflower that has never stopped flowering for 4 years - great bee and butterfly food and a huge bumblebee on my clematis - which is also in flower up high - I was looking for the bee and saw all the buds and flowers!  A lovely day, frosty first, but clouded over this afternoon.

On 27/03/2018 at 3:11 PM, The Dogmother said:

It is much milder here now, and the hedgerows are staring to ping out. It's all about 2 weeks late this year.

Don't know what to think about the promised freeze this weekend - is it just media hype? My phone app, which is usually very accurate, shows temps of 10 and 12deg at the weekend.

My app says something similar, so am hoping there will not be a big freeze. 

We we had a load of logs delivered today, just in case. 

Chrissie 

And the same as yesterday.  Boring - we need a change.  Coming home from vets (yes Squirt is wheezy again - Baytril all round) my dashboard showed up the ice marker.  Seeing as it wasn't remotely icy weather, I thought that maybe there were hail showers around.  Certainly had very dark clouds with visible precipitation (hah!  edificated wordies! :D).  Although it's been quite iffy in the US with snow storms in the places that snow shouldn't be!

Most of the week we've had showers, until yesterday when it started with sun, then hail, rain, snow, sleet and back to rain all flippin' day. DH has been away since Wednesday cycling the Rob Roy Way with a friend from Coventry, so it's just been me and our girls ruling the roost :lol:. Actually, I don't why I put :lol: cos my fibromyalgia has flared up with the combination of the weather and having to do a bit more around the house. I can hardly walk due to stiffness and pain. Glad he comes home this afternoon.

What Mullethunter said!  Ditto yesterday.  Drove up to Daventry for surprise birthday party.  As it was my Wonderful Madam Mim doubles as Miss Marple so she wasn't surprised at all!:roll:  But she had a lovely fairy castle cake with a unicorn (don't know if she'll eat it ever) which was a surprise.  Meanwhile passing Redwing's house I waved there and back but my goodness floods everywhere.  There are fields along the M40 that are under water.  This has to be the coldest and wettest month methinks for a long time.  This summer had better be good or else . . . . I'll have a right old hissy fit.:notalk:

Friday and yesterday weren’t as bad as forecast. I managed to get out in the veg garden for a good few hours both days around the rain. Was OK this morning but now it’s absolutely awful again. Cold, raining and windy and the rain’s forecast to last until tomorrow lunchtime. Have read a whole New Scientist and OH is doing a jigsaw. So bored we’d almost rather be at work!!