Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Unusually I think we’ve had the best of the weather over the past week or so. It’s finally beginning to feel like spring. One of the things we do at work is to tag salmon and sea trout on their way from the rivers to start the sea portion of their life cycle. We’ve started the work but the fish haven’t turned up in any numbers yet, when they do we’ll really know spring has sprung 😁🌞🐟

Fog this morning lifting toooooooooo hazy blue sky and warm sun.  Beautiful day and the brimstones are fluttering by.  Everyone in the cul-de-sac is out with their lawnmowers - which sounds a bit like The Monkeys song but on a Saturday instead!:lol:  WOOOOT Sunshine!!!!

OK now I'm melting.  Super day - but please we need to acclimatise - not cold and wet to Floridian weather!  Needless to say lots of water has been downed while tidying the garden.  The greenhouse had all the windows open but even so I baked in there!  It was nice to sit on the bench (in the shade of the oak tree trunk) and drink a nice elderflower fizz!  OH has been really enjoying the sun.  He just goes brown while I burn!

I said I'd go back in the garden when it had cooled down a bit, so when I was outside OH calls out "I see it's cooled down a bit" and I replied just a little bit.  I didn't realise he was laughing at my portly body dripping with sweat and somewhat red-faced (not sunburn I hasten to add) until much later when he was chortling about my appearance.  :roll:

• Haha 1

Just had a storm here.  There was a fantastic light show earlier with no sound but this time we had the rumbles.  Luckily not directly but following Chicknboo's lightning tracker I could see just how far it was away from here - and it was miles away but wow!  That was some spectacular flashing going on!  Second wave not as impressive.  Torrential rain now.

Lightning tracker here:

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#y=49.9121;x=-8.2628;z=6;t=3;m=sat;r=0;s=200;o=0;b=0.00;n=0;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

Some in Cambridge at the moment but a load in the Netherlands!

Another hot day but cloudy and hazy now.

As far as I know GrannyTrish they usually belt indoors because of the rain.  They don't seem to yell or anything with a storm overhead.  Luckily here it mostly goes around and rarely a direct hit so to speak!  But there are the odd occasions when it does and I'm usually indoors long before it gets nearer than me counting to 12!:anxious:

If you click for the sound on the lightning map then you hear lots of clicks per strike.  Zoom in and you get the waves like rippling on a pond.  Very impressive spirograph last night!  Sounded more like a geiger counter!

Edited by Valkyrie
adding bits I'd forgotten because I'm stoopid

Thanks for the link. Wow, The Netherlands is having some display just now, right enough! Our girls are fairweather hens so will be hiding in the summerhouse anyway but it's good to know that they don't seem bothered by thunder.  And you is not stoopid! :lol:

The sun has come out here now.

Edited by GrannyTrish
Forgot to add that it was sunny!

Typical April weather here the last few days. Sunshine and showers. The thermometer is showing the temperatures topping out at not much over 10 degrees, but if you can get out of the wind when the sun’s shining it feels much warmer than that. Certainly nothing like the summer we had last week though.

We had a mixture on Wednesday - rain, hot sun and heavy rain and hail.  Yesterday was very breezy with sun and showers.  Today we have rain.  But in the last few days everything has pinged out green!  Nature is racing to catch up!  I think the wild birds are later nesting this year too.