Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Unusually I think we’ve had the best of the weather over the past week or so. It’s finally beginning to feel like spring. One of the things we do at work is to tag salmon and sea trout on their way from the rivers to start the sea portion of their life cycle. We’ve started the work but the fish haven’t turned up in any numbers yet, when they do we’ll really know spring has sprung 😁🌞🐟

Fog this morning lifting toooooooooo hazy blue sky and warm sun.  Beautiful day and the brimstones are fluttering by.  Everyone in the cul-de-sac is out with their lawnmowers - which sounds a bit like The Monkeys song but on a Saturday instead!:lol:  WOOOOT Sunshine!!!!

Lovely day today. Helped to run an archery beginners course today. After the rest of the week which was so grey and miserable it was a great surprise to have such a nice day today. 

I too heard it was going to be nice next week which is typical as we will be back at school. 

Chrissie

It was really hot on Saturday, but rained on Sunday. Lovely again today after a cold start. Now up in Edinburgh with Rosie and we've had a lovely day

Yep, one nice day and then paid for it with another yuk day.  But this morning started promising but went cloudy and very chilly.  Sun made another appearance this afternoon though but it didn't make much difference to the warmth - or lack of it!

OK now I'm melting.  Super day - but please we need to acclimatise - not cold and wet to Floridian weather!  Needless to say lots of water has been downed while tidying the garden.  The greenhouse had all the windows open but even so I baked in there!  It was nice to sit on the bench (in the shade of the oak tree trunk) and drink a nice elderflower fizz!  OH has been really enjoying the sun.  He just goes brown while I burn!

It has been lovely up here in Edinburgh, really quite mild. It is always windy here, but it's been warm enoug to go without a coat. My dad says that it was too hot to sit in the sun dahn sarf.

Bumblebees and butterflies! Spring has sprung, eventually! Our weather gauge thingy is saying that it's 19oC outside, the sun is shining and the birds are singing. I is a happy bunny (blackrabbit):lol: .

Had to come indoors again!  Supposedly the hottest April in 70+ years or so!  Clouds seem to be burning off very quickly!