Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Am feeling deprived :( I do love a good thunderstorm and we have just got home (3.00pm today) from a week in /on Gower and no storms at all! The garden seems to have gone a bit mad so think there may have been stuff going on down in S Oxfordshire whilst we have been away! 

Hot and a little humid now we are home and set fair for 24 degrees tomorrow, so it seems! Good drying weather for the washing that we hav brought home, esp beach towels.

Crikey!  I think we last had rain 2 or 3 days ago.  I have had to top up the water for the wildings as that was looking pretty dry!  Today is very hot.  We have been tidying the shed, tying eglu and cube runs together, garden equipment together and sweeping it all out - needless to say we are exhausted and have had to make sure we had plenty to drink - too easy to forget and dehydrate!

Been lovely with some really hot days and mostly dry for weeks. We had a little sprinkle of rain today so will be the first night for weeks I haven’t had to water everything. 2 out of 3 water butts are empty so that’s a good thing, but it does mean there will probably be more snails to fling this evening.

Far too hot for me! Forecast is 26/27 for the rest of the week and I am NOT looking forward to it! The garden is looking dry already and there is, seemingly, no rain to look forward to for the next week or so. I wonder how long it will be before there are warnings and hosepipe restrictions? 

I hibernate in winter and I hibernate on days like this!  Just got back from The Dales yesterday to find parched grass!  It has been dry here!  Up in West Witton we had bad gales on a couple of days, windy most times (although when it was hot the wind was welcome!) but when it rained it was either overnight or late in the evening so didn't stop us enjoying our holiday.:D

Hot and dry here for weeks now, all the water butts are empty and have been for 3 weeks. Some clouds gathered today, but soon dispersed.

Friend in Cornwall had amazing storms the other night

The really hot weather wasn't good for the drive up to Edinburgh, the car air con just couldn't keep up. We drove through the smoke from the fires on Saddleworth Moors :(

I think the storms were really localised. We did have a bit of rain overnight last weekend but nothing significant and only 2 claps of thunder. Apart from that it’s been dry here for over two mo the too. No water butt water here either which makes it difficult to keep the pond viable and is a bit rubbish for the chickens because they’re not keen on tap water. 

On the plus side I have the week off next week and it forecast to stay hot and sunny 😎

RAF Benson weather forecast (Benson is 3 miles away from me and has a weather station) says cooler from Tuesday; back down to 23/24 for the rest of the week which is about what it should be? 

I can't take the heat and am feeling wrung out and exhausted. Thunder, rain, rain and more rain....PLEASE!

I keep wistfully looking at the radar and the lightning map but nada.  Although I'm considering a quick zoom up to the Cairngorms where there does seem to be a bit of a shower or two!  Even when we did have a storm it was over Maidstone way - and they've had more than their fair share of nasty weather.  They probably thought "WHYYYYYYY again WHYYYYY!!!"

Frizzled and frazzled - I've gone past rain though - I'm wishing for snow!

Monday was absolutely scorching - had a fantastic snorkel on the south coast - felt like being in holiday. Then Tues and yesterday were overcast and we even had a tiny sprinkle of rain yesterday afternoon (just enough to think I could get away without watering most things as we’d had a cooler day). Today it’s breezier but the sun’s back 😀 We really do need rain, but if it’s not going to I’d much rather it was hot and sunny than dull and overcast - I absolutely love it - have barely worn jeans for 2 months and I usually live in them!

We had a bit of rain.  A bit.  On the way home in the car it was enough to make dirty little streaks on the back window.  Did look threatening all this afternoon.  There was a yellow warning for heavy rain and the odd storm for today which is now tomorrow.  Nothing like a bit of indecision to make me stressy!  I don't like storms!!!!!