Christian

The Weather Thread #9

The weather has definitely nosedived today - from bright and chilly yesterday morning, with warm afternoon sun, to overcast and cold today. The wind has switched to the north and this morning was very dark o.O

I know that we'll get a few lighter mornings next week after the clocks go back, but I never like the darkness at the end of each day.

2 hours ago, mullethunter said:

Still been quite nice today - bright and fairly mild. Not looking forward to the freezing cold weekend though- or the clocks changing.

Nor me :roll:

A colleague is nonplussed by my interest in the weather; I pointed out that a large amount of my time is spent outdoors, so it's important. I don't think he got it!

20 hours ago, The Dogmother said:

Nor me :roll:

A colleague is nonplussed by my interest in the weather; I pointed out that a large amount of my time is spent outdoors, so it's important. I don't think he got it!

My partner and I are like you as both work and most of our free time are spent outdoors. It always surprises me when, for example, there’s a storm coming, and you talk to someone who has no idea!

Bit like April showers today!  But we have had some fair weather here.  My son and his g/f came to stay over last night - they had to go back early because they've found a house to rent and needed to sign today, but he rang the agents and was able to change it to tomorrow so that he could stay here longer.  We walked around the field and when the wind blew the leaves he and g/f were running around trying to catch them and make wishes!  Great fun!  

I had been in Hoddesdon on a quilt retreat and it was lovely all week.  OH was sending photos of fabulous sunsets.  

3 hours ago, Minnie&Moose said:

It's been snowing here this afternoon in north Oxfordshire:/.  Neither the chickens or I were very impressed - they took one look at it all coming down and refused to leave the safety of their house while I was trying to clean them out!  Lots of grumbling from them and me!

REALLY?! You're so near me too, but none here, very cold rain though.

It was lovely and sunny first thing with a hard frost. I was down seeing my dad  and came back through rain mid-afternoon, it rained most of the rest of the day, and I was outside moving stuff off the patio in preparation for work starting on there soon. I got hacked off with getting wet, so came in after a couple of hours.

Pretty much the same - beautiful day after heavy rain and strong winds (no snow as predicted by the weather alert!) overnight gave way to clouds disappearing as the sun rose.  Bitterly cold though (tad warmer than yesterday because that was really cold) - supposed to be minus 2 here tonight!  We took the in-laws for a walk around the field and we were all yawning and nodding off at 7pm!  I'm the last one up!  The planets, stars and milky way are clear and the moon is just rising.

I gather it was minus 1 last night but by dawn a lot had thawed already and it was registering 3 degrees.  We had a lovely morning but then the rain came - been quite heavy this evening.  The wind has changed round and coming from the south west instead of the north east, so warmer.