Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Frosty here this morning OH said it was -3!  Greenhouse registered higher and spuds fine.  Been a beautiful day, a little hazy still - says it is very humid!  Heat haze but 75% humid?  I didn't see how high it reached but double figures for sure.  Had another walk and was desperate for a drink of water when we got back - only just over 3 miles though.  I got a lot of prickly heat all over!  When the sun dips down and the shadows lengthen it does get a bit nippy!

:lol:

Well we've had frosty mornings and the greenhouse still shows 10 degrees above!  This morning it's misty and so warm.  No breeze, the bunnies are out in force, the birds are singing merrily (apart from Trigger who is not a good singer at all) and it is pleasant.  No clouds either!  Still happy, happy, happy!  Just melting and prickly heating!!!!!

True to form our weather this morning was well away from the forecast, but the wrong way as 10C became a light frost on the car roof. Supposed to be 26C here later (in the shade) and then temperatures take a 10C tumble. Still no rain due this far South in the next week and we've had several weeks without so far; so we're watering some stuff already! Great for the Winter fuel bill though, as the central heating remains off and no need for a wood fire in the evening either. We had a rare fall of snow here on the 28th last year which brought everything to a standstill until it melted. Let's see what happens in March, as last year was an unusually long, wet and cold Winter and things could still turn this year.

Plenty of sunshine in between the odd shower.  Lots of cloud but blue sky in between.  Very windy so it blows over very quickly.  Been using today as a potter indoors day, the only frustrating thing is my jumper is put on because when the sun is in it feels much cooler and when it's out - it's too warm and off the jumper comes again!  LOL!

What a gorgeous view you have!

I know its been the hottest Feb on record in the UK, and we have also had a lovely month, although not record breaking.  But yesterday and today we have irridescent clouds, which is where you can see rainbow colours in the clouds, a bit like looking at the irridescence in petrol on water, which are caused by tiny water or ice droplets apparently although there is absolutely no sign of rain down at Earth level!

So, our good weather continues, allegedly around 20 degrees, although it is set to break on Sunday night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patricia W said:

Now worried about the Magnolia which thinks it is warm enough to flower.  One frost and those flowers will be brown!  

My mum always knew when there would be the last frost of the year - she had a beautiful maroon magnolia in the front garden.  Every year when it started to bloom - ooh Jack Frost came to visit again.  When they turned brown she said well that's it, last frost.  I drove past there last year - the owners still have it in the garden!

I can hear rain on the windows at the moment, a gentle drippy drip