Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Warned DD that there were supposed to be storms up in her neck of the woods this morning.  Just been informed they have one now!  So anyone around Rugby, Daventry, Northampton, Brackley and Coventry - DUCK!

Meanwhile it's been a gorgeous day.  Went for a trip to Flyte so Fancy and it was a most pleasant journey cross country.  I think I'm stocked up.  It was even warmer and no wind at all today.  By the time we got home and, well, we've been enjoying the afternoon immensely!

Rain over night (big puddles in the road) and this morning - which was also misty.  Wind dropped and it was ages before the sun came out and yes, it does feel warmer.  Not a lot, but enough to notice.  This evening the roads are bone dry and the puddles have shrunk.  The walk to the chicken run was squelchy this morning but hard again this evening!  Drains and dries quick!

Hang in there - it's on its way!  Unfortunately the pollen is also a pain in the bee tee em.  I've not stopped sniffling all day!  Caught me out because I haven't had it for ages.  Going to a funeral tomorrow - hope it stops otherwise people might think I'm being emotional and for this person I most definitely not be!   Not a nice person but OH's kin by marriage only so we have to make an appearance.  Meh!

Have you ever noticed that when you need to do things in the garden, one day is bitterly cold and wet so you can't go out - then when it does stop and you think yayyy I can go out - you come rushing back in gasping for water and sanctuary from the heat of the sun?!  Whyyyy such an all or nothing deal - why can't the weather be polite, play nicely, let us acclimatise and then we would be better able to cope?  How awful to have to whinge about it being rubbish - then whinge again when it's nice.  On the brighter side - the heating is off!

Yesterday was very warm.  During the night we sweltered and nobody really slept well and all up at the crack of dawn - including DD's partner.  I think she has managed to get back to sleep though.  Chilly outside but walking round the field and I can really feel the heat burning through already!  No frost - just dewy.

Yes - much more chilly than the day before!  Would be nice to have settled weather with a gradual warm up rather than swelter then freeze!  Lots of rain today - I set up the rain gauge last night and so far we have had almost 3 inches of rain!  At least the sun came out this afternoon for a little while.  My FIL has had his lawn completely returfed and was hoping for a deluge.  They had 10 minutes of light rain, so he is annoyed that he will have to use the hose and they are on a meter!  LOL!

Confessions of a loopy Kooj.  I misread the gauge!  Like doh!  But in 24 hours we had a total of 14ml.  The Somerset Levels can breathe a sigh of relief!  But the gales are back and the lashing horizontal rain has started again.  I emptied the gauge and will check it in the morning.  We have sunshine in between though.

Well it was nicer this evening - the wind dropped too!  Not quite as cold either.  But my daughter had a storm up in Leamington Spa and while I was showing her the lightning map I saw further up in Derbyshire there were storms and lightnings aplenty!  I think we escaped rather nicely!