Christian

The Weather Thread #9

The dews are very heavy nowadays - probably for the last month.  Now we know why there is never a second mowing of hay round here - because it doesn't dry.  The wind is still quite blustery but the sun is out and feels quite comfy now.

A Winnie the Pooh day here - a tad blustery and I'm surprised they haven't named this as a storm!  So saying the new names are out - I do hope we never go through enough to get to the stupid ones - for instance, Storm Willow.  That doesn't sound stormy in the least, a little wavy but hey ho - they all want to get into the act and name windy and rough weather fronts now - even if they are already named burnt out storms from previous hurricanes!:roll:  Long gone are the little rainy clouds, suns and the puffy windy stick on a map things on the weather news.  

It has been blustery here today and noticeably cooler. Wet at first today, but lovely this afternoon, when I walked the dogs.

Yes quite windy but we've had rain and drizzle on and off until later this afternoon when the sun finally came out - we were supposed to have just cloud and dryness.  Pfffft!

Oooh hope it stays dry - I think it's supposed to be dry but cloudy here - humid but chilly.  At least the wind should be minimal!

Eh?  Why is the quote up?  

Edited by Valkyrie
It wasn't me! Or was it?

It's just 8C here this morning, which comes as a bit of a shock, but the sun is shining and with no rain forecast until Tuesday it will be a pleasant afternoon at around 24C.

I was reminded of September holidays in France. Just outside Clermont-Ferrand (beautiful city in the middle of France) in an area known as the Volcans (volcanoes) woke up to a very hard frost and decided we should have camped under the trees. However the sun came out and just an hour later it was 26C and we were in T shirts. There were only three campers on the immaculate site, which surrounded a lake in a volcano crater. Well worth a visit.

No frost, just heavy dew, so we are going back to wellies as our usual (old walking) boots are soaked.