Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Similar here J - I walked into town for a meeting on Monday, in shirt sleeves.  This morning it was 4deg and blumming cold, in fact when I got up in the night to comfort the old dog, I put on socks and my dressing gown to warm up when I got back into bed!

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 8:14 PM, The Dogmother said:

I put on socks and my dressing gown to warm up when I got back into bed!

Dressing gown over the top of the quilt makes so much difference I find!

We’ve had a grim day, followed by a lovely day twice this week. But it’s now really cold and fairly still out there - the calm before the storm and a horrid weekend by the looks of things 😩

Temp still OK for the time of year but much rain forecast for the next few days.........water is important so I won't complain! Feeling mild again so heating off.....

Very strange weather down here. Last week we had a frost a month earlier than usual, it was very cold and we needed to light the fire. Bad time to discover that a rat had eaten through the hot air ducting so it didn't work! This morning it's 20C and set to rise to 24C with strong winds from the East, which is a direction we are not sheltered from. BBC says storms here in next few days, another unusual October event, so we'll see what happens?

We have just had Depression Barbara, which was forecast red for wind and rain Mon/Tues, but we only got the rain, and I have seen much worse.  Came up from the South, and apparently Algarve badly hit.  Anyway, I went for a very brief stroll this morning as the rain has stopped.  The water is cascading down the hillside, there are mini-waterfalls all over the place, I suddenly understand why the tracks are like they are - exposed sandstone with a thin layer of gravelly sandstone on top.  Unfortunately the wind has blown a lot of gravel onto the road, all near us as we are on a flat ridge, so when it is dry I think we will try to move some of it.  Its very mild though.