SarahJo

What's The Most Exciting Thing........

.... YOU HAVE DONE OR BEEN INVOLVED WITH :?::?::?::?: .

:wink: Just looked at some of the postings on "Getting to know you - questionnaire" and wondering if theres a bit more exciting stuff beneath the Eglu's 8) . All the chat about the Corrie Murder reminds me of the last one "Richard Hillman" style. :wink:

So to get the intrigue going ... the most "interesting" thing I have done is be a Witness in a Murder trial (last May ... Richard Hillman Style, Financial Advisor murders wealthy spinster) :shock: . And the most exciting thing I have done .. is jump repeatedly out of an Aircraft :P:P:P .

Come on DIVULGE ......

OK Well I'd better think about that one, but nothing as exciting as yours, I'm sure.

I JUST WOULD NOT DARE or have any wish at all to jump out of an aircraft

WOW! I just have to have my feet on the ground.

The witness bit..what a creepy case & I wouldn't like to have been a witness.

Used to think I'd love to be called for jury service & observe all the procedures.

Now, I think it would just be a pain to organize the time & quite often just on standby.........or stuck on a really long case.

Think I'll see what others have done while I try & make something up xxxxxI mean remember something.

Hi Sarah the most exciting thing I have done...........let me think the only one I can think of at the moment is that when I worked as a freelance photographer I got to photograph Buster Blood vessel for an advertising campaign.

Oh just remembered when I worked as a dental nurse at a practice in Warrington I assisted while Chris Evans had a filling it was a long time ago and he was very young his mum brought him in I think he needed lots of treatment................ :lol::lol:

Edited by Guest

Buster Bloodvessel - he is a God! I loved Bad Manners in the 80s!!

I did Jury Service during the summer, Sheila - what a drag! In the first case we were called for, I was the only juror not to be selected for the jury so I had to go home. That case collapsed so we were all recalled and had to wait for 2 days for a case to sit on. We finally got selected and the case only lasted 3 days! Not the most exciting one either!

My most exciting happening - going to a garden party at Buckingham Palace in 1984 with my parents. We had to chase my big hat after it blew off as we walked across Hyde Park!

I also met Raymond Mays, one of the most famous British racing drivers from the 1930s during a hospital stay and was invited to tea at his house. Unfortunately he died of a stroke before I was able to take him up on the offer - something I will always regret. He was a real gentleman.

I have been called for jury service but managed to get out of it because I was a student at the time and far away from home.

The most exciting things I have ever done fall into 2 categories. Action wise I have flown upside down in a Tiger Moth biplane over the Thames Valley. That was pretty good.

Personally though the most exciting thing ever was working as a student on an archaeological dig in St Albans on a Roman cemetary. Nothing beats excavating skeletons!

8)8)8)8) I am so glad I started this we are excavating some great "skeletons" now, and I feel I know you all so much better :P .

Jangle

Action wise I have flown upside down in a Tiger Moth biplane over the Thames Valley. That was pretty good.
:arrow: Now that IS my kinda thing .. for Grahams 30th I sent him for an hour (or as long as the fuel lasted) in a Jet Provost, going vertical/upside down and breakneck speed .... the G-force he felt had him feeling like his legs were lifting off the bed in the middle iif the night :lol:

My Dad nearly killed himself in a Jet Provost, mucking around over the North Sea :roll: , but he was alive to fly in the Congo and Vietnam wars. :shock: .

Buster Blood Vessel and Chris Evans .... GREAT!!!!!. I will keep one of my others for later , after a few more "Omlet" people revelations.

Jangle mentioned St.Albans,

does that make me famous? And I do think the archaeology sounds exciting.

The rest sounds really terrifying SarahJo and incredibly brave.

If anyone else is interested in old remains you must come & see me :lol: in St.Albans...Jangle, you're not far away.

8) That would be great SarahJo & Jangle...anyone else?

Does anyone else find that by the time you type the reply, you can't remember the topic title?

Is it...

Who's the most exciting person you've done or been involved with

Shurely shome mishtake...

and I'm not going to name drop

I once went white water open canoeing in France, 8 weeks after learning to swim :shock:

I used to work just off Wardour Street in London, where all the music and film company's have offices. I've meet Gordon Jackson, Willy Rushton, Mick Hucknall, Joss Ackland, Larry Hagman (J.R. and he was very rude) Adam Ant loads of models whose names I forget and the best was Robert Redford, he was leaving the shop before anyone recognised him :roll:

Well - living in Stratford I do see a lot of actors but I wouldn't say it was exciting!!!

I did once sit at the next table to Derek Jacobi in a Chinese Restaurant, we regularly see Richard Griffiths in Waterstones - History section. David Troughton comes in the shop where I do the accounts. Celia Imrie - crossing road to the Post Office, David Bradley - lives down the road, Gareth Thomas in High Street, Jasper Carrot, Don Henderson.

I also went to collect my daughter from the local hotel where she was working and was run into the ditch by a stretch limo. When I picked her up she said "did you just see Prince?" my reply is not printable!

Not exciting to me. I don't really 'do' exciting :roll:

How can I find something to match all that :!::!: Okay when I was just a tot (mid 70's) my uncle was in a folk group who none of you will have ever heard of - but they toured at the time with an up and coming scottish comedian you may have heard of Billy Connelly and as they were all so skint they used to crash at my grans when they were in the area I don't remember it but I was there :lol::lol::lol: The only other thing I can think of is one of my neighbours is an actor Gareth Thomas (Blakes 7, The Bill, Londons Burning etc) I haven't done any stomache churning thrill stuff as I am very scared of heights and flying etc. I am due to meet Princess Anne soon as she is one of the patrons where I work and next visit she has requested to meet people from my department seems a bit dull compared to some of the exciting things here.

That's great, Louise - I'd love to meet Princess Anne :)

I suppose the most exciting thing I've done is going on a snow-scooter on a glacier in Iceland. That was great fun - miles and miles of nothing but snow! I also went on a sports quad-bike event that was given to me as a present. Got covered in mud from head to toe, but it was good fun :D

:shock:

That's great, Louise - I'd love to meet Princess Anne
:shock: She used to live in the next village from us in Wiltshire. And my Mum refused to have her come into to see her, when she was in Strathcarron Hospice :lol: , think she saw enough of her when we lived down South :wink: .

Ben and I had a photo with David Beckham .. it was Bens 2nd birthday and my 31st on the same day. :wink: . We went to Wacky Warehouse in Alderley Edge, and it was really quiet .. like only 5 kids playing. So Ben played with this little boy, and I chatted to his Granny :arrow: turned out to be Davids Mum :oops: . He (David) then appeared and his Mum said "That will be you soon" looking at Joe, and meaning he would soon have 2 kids :shock: , should have sold the story ... we knew Victoria was preggers about 5 weeks before the rest of the world. :wink: . Ben in the meantime was having a great time with Brooklyn :lol: .

Anyway .. have posted photo in the "untitled" album of my brood, on page 5 in the gallery.

That is a great story Sarah you could have made a fortune on that
:lol: I know .. but then we would have felt really bad, as David said ok to a photo (Graham wouldn't ask .. but was really glad I did) , and we only had the digital camera with us as it was Bens birthday. :P

It was such OLD news by the time it hit the press :wink: .

In the photo his diamond earring is sparkling away .. and typical, the only photo he's done with his eyes shut :roll: .

Helloooo. :D

Well I have met Rolf Harris, at one of his book signing sessions in Cambridge and as I think his lovely ( in a grandad, want to give him a big hug sort of a way) I asked him if I could have a hug and he got up and came round from the table he was sitting at and gave me a big bear hug and a kiss on the cheek. :mrgreen: I was on cloud nine for ages after.

Also Ross Kemp winked at me (need a scream emotion there) when he was in panto in Cambridge, he was Captain Hook and was dressed in leather trousers. His ear ring flew off and landed at my feet (I was in front row with small cousins) I picked it up and held it up to him and as he finished his bit on stage he leaned over and said "keep it" and winked again (swoon). Don't remember much of panto after that. His luuuuvely. :P

Sammi

-x- 8)

I've met adam ant aswell! My brothers an artist and he had some of his work shown at the tate britain a couple of years ago, and adam ant was there. i wasnt too excited as i'm only 16 and didnt know much about him, but my sister whos 26 was so excited! she rang up her friends to tell them!

Well I've done it the reception with Princess Anne. She seems pleasant. I couldn't say this morning as the security thing we aren't allowed to talk but she is gone now in her helicopter :!: We all had to dress nicely not the normal jeans and tshirt not easy :oops: They post the thing on the work website but we aren't to say anything - bizzare I supose the website only says she is coming to the place and doesn't specify times or buildings.

It was a pretty rotten lunch the canteen is really not up to much and I am so fussy :lol: There were lots of pictures taken I will see the photography dept and see if i can get hold of one for the album :wink: