Egluntyne

Omleteers fit for 2016

£3 for Nordic session here.  4 miles and a bit today.  Weighed myself this morning and was pleasantly surprised.  I'd not done much exercise apart from up and down a ladder with a paintbrush - I did some heaving with my upper arms to climb up on the kitchen worktops!:$  I've not put on much at all - I thought I'd gained a stone and a half, but it's a matter of pounds.  I guess muscles have gone and the fat has blossomed!:lol:  But at least it's all out of the way and now I can relax and do my normal things - unless his lordship has other plans to scupper me!

I'm getting better at the plank and I've started a 5 minute plank exercise which rotates round different positions. I'm finding the leg raise especially difficult. I think it's weakness in my leg muscles. I've since started a 30 day leg challenge because I was shocked how some muscles have deteriorated and I hadn't noticed. My muscles for walking are good and strong but it seems to be the muscles you need to keep your joints flexible that need work. I'm pretty sure it's not the joints themselves but neglected muscles that are the issue. 

• Like 1