gavclojak

I'm getting married!!!! This Friday!!!!

Thank you all once again

My darling brave dad lost his battle at 2.15 am on Saturday morning. He fought so hard to stay with us. 10 days ago the doctors told us it was likely to be days so I moved into the hospice and did not leave his side. The whole family visited every evening after work and it was a party atmosphere every evening. We became known as 'that noisy lot' but the nurses/staff said they loved the fact they could hear laughter!

We were respectful at all times for the other but we really did celebrate him while he was here and even when he became unconscious a few days ago he still heard laughter.

Night night, sleep tight dad...

I'm so sorry.

I was thinking about you last night and wondering how things were.

What a wonderful family you are. If I had been in your Dad's shoes, that's exactly how I would have wanted to go, with his family around him and all that love.

Take good care of yourself. You've given your all over the past few weeks and there will be some quiet and difficult times ahead. Take comfort that you have done such a great job to give your Dad the best send off possible.

Sending big hugs xxx

So sorry to hear your news, but your dad must have felt so proud of the family which he helped to create. He would have also felt so loved which is more important than anything. Sending hugs and thoughts.

So sorry to hear your sad news. It sounds like he would have felt so very loved even right at the end. I am so pleased you managed to have your service with him present, as I am sure it will give you some happy memories, when you are ready to look back xxx

So sad to hear the news about your Dad. What wonderful memories you will all have of his last days though and, through any dark times ahead, you must all feel justifiably proud of yourselves for the love and laughter that you brought to this very difficult time.

Equally, I am sure that staff, patients and families in the hospice took comfort from your positivity and that you lit up a dark time for others in the same situation.

As others have wisely said, be kind to yourself over the coming weeks; we are all thinking of you.

So sorry to read of your dad but to the end you made him part of your day, laughter is a wonderful thing and I am sure he was pleased to have you stay with him - take care

I am so sorry xxx

I lost my Dad in March last year, he wanted to be at home so I moved back to my parents to help, and your Dad will have taken great comfort for you staying with him.

I am sure your Dad is so proud of you and he looks so happy on those pictures, what an amazing day to look back on. Although it will be tinged with sadness I am sure you will always be glad you did it.

It's never easy loosing your "rock" but life would have been so much harder without them. xxx

So sorry to hear about your Dad, I was wondering yesterday how he was doing.

How lovely that you were all able to surround him with love and laughter. I am sure that was a great comfort to him.

In time you will have some lovely memories to remember him by.

You are such a special person.

Love and hugs from East Northants.

Chrissie

I am so sorry to hear your news, its the worst thing ever :(

But you did the best thing for your lovely Dad, not many would have thought of it or been able to do it :D

You must be so upset; wishing you strength to get through the difficult days ahead.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. So good that you were able to have that special day with him.

So very sorry to read the update about your Dad. He looked so happy in the photos. How lovely that he got to be at your wedding. xx

So sorry to read your news, but how lovely for him, and you, that he was able to see you married and be a part of your special day.

Thinking of you (((hugs)))

So sorry to hear the sad news.

I don't think there's anything I can say that others haven't already said, but I hope you will be able to draw strength and comfort from the knowledge that you made him so happy and proud at your wedding and that he was surrounded by a loving and supportive family right until the end.

Thinking of you and your family at this very sad time.

Word cannot express how grateful I am for all your kind words. They really have been such a comfort to me.

Thanks you all again, you are all incredible :clap:

I think you are incredible for taking the plunge after all those years and giving your dad (and you) this amazing memory. :clap::clap::clap:

So sorry to hear the update, but my goodness what a way to go - lots of laughing and fun - "Ooops, word censored!"ody could have wished for more. Well done indeed for making a sad time a happy one. Of course he was proud of you - that was evident in those photos. Lots of hugs for you and condolences to all the family. xxx

So very sorry to read about your Dad. Look after yourself over the next few weeks/months. I'm sure your Dad is smiling down on you. Xxx

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, but you and your family sound amazing. The fact that all your chatter and laughter was probably the last thing he heard is lovely.

Oh my word. I come back at a time don't I.

Congratulations about getting married. you looked beautiful.

I am so sorry about your dad. it sounds like you made his last few weeks amazing.

cathy

x

xxxxxx

So sorry to hear your news, but your dad must have felt so proud of the family which he helped to create. He would have also felt so loved which is more important than anything. Sending hugs and thoughts.

I'll echo that.

So sorry that your dad has passed, but he's at rest now, and you afforded him the most dignified and loved journey that you could. Love and best wishes to you both.... I bet he was so proud of you. xx

Thank you all once again.

I visited the hospice today to take a fruit basket and some goodies for the staff who made the unbearable bearable.

We have arranged his funeral for Wednesday 5th March and I am flying off to Mexico with my husband, our three kids and their three partners the day after, the holiday was booked a year ago before dad took a turn for the worse.

I just feel so very very sad....

Big hugs from me too.

Such a difficult time for you but the break away will be just what you need.

I hope that everything goes as well as possible on the 5th... knowing what we do of your lovely family, it will be a fitting celebration of your Dad's life.

Best wishes, take care.