bluekarin

Dog suddenly limping, but didnt cry in pain

Speaking as someone who has ruptured her cruciate and collateral ligaments, trust me it is not like spraining your ankle. 10 years on I still have problems and if I twist or turn wrong I suffer pain for a few days.

I am pleased that Neela is healing well and long may it continue.

Yes Grandmashazzie, I had an arthroscopy and was told I needed to have my cruciate repaired, I was booked in on my birthday for this and when I came round from 2nd op my first thought was that it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would only to be told that the surgeon had not repaired the cruciate as the problem was far worse than they first thought as the collateral ligaments had also torn. He told me my only option was to have a complete knee replacement and as I was 38 at the time, I declined. On his advice I built up the muscles which keeps my knee stable, if I feel my knee starting to give way I hit the swimming pool and swim a mile a day for a few weeks.

Speaking as someone who has ruptured her cruciate and collateral ligaments, trust me it is not like spraining your ankle. 10 years on I still have problems and if I twist or turn wrong I suffer pain for a few days.

I am pleased that Neela is healing well and long may it continue.

I only meant it was like spraining an ankle in terms of how it can sometimes occur, certainly not in terms of the seriousness of the injury, treatment, pain or recovery time :)

Yes, she is a blue roan and tan. She was all white when she was a puppy with splodges of black, and then the roan started coming through and she is more black than white now. The tan is on her eyes so it looks like she has eyeshadow on :lol: and when she was younger, she had brown on all her paws so they looked like socks.

She is still doing well, a week or so on, so all being well she will be okay. I haven't taken a ball out for her, but we have played with one in the house and she likes her (well, she has taken possession of next doors when it flew over one day before we moved in) football.

Some photos of Neela - one around 2/3 months old that her breeder took (they did the most wonderful photo diary to give to all the new owners), and the second last year at the beach, winking at me like she knows something secret :wink:

IMG_3428_zpsningijth.jpg

IMG_3410_zpsokjyyhkf.jpg