The Dogmother

Ruddy Blu-tac

OK, so DD safely dispatched to Uni, and I'm mucking out her room - any recommendations on removing the dreaded blue stuff from her walls with minimal damage? I have tried rubbing the ball of it over the remnants to pick them up, but it seems very soft and that doesn't want to work.

it should just rub off with a thumb or finger on a painted surface no wall paper through it will leave a stain through I've just tried a bit under my wall calendar that was dry through and the walls vinyl silk

Hmmm, not happening I'm afraid - it seems to be a bit sticky as if it has been warm. Will get a paint s"Ooops, word censored!"er to it, although I was hoping for a way to get it off without residue. Do you think that meths will remove any stains?

Ice cube on it? Like you do with chewing gum in clothes/hair.

Now that's an idea :idea:

Do you think that meths will remove any stains?

Might do but, if not, you can always swig it!!!

haha :lol:

Surgical spirit? That's brilliant for glue things - also discovered WD40 removes candle wax from the windows! DD blew out a candle and the wax splattered up. Been there years, tried everything, but that delightful spray helped undo it easily!

Ok, so report on what really worked... Used one of those paint s"Ooops, word censored!"ers that I use to remove paint on the window, then removed the resulting spots with lighter fuel. Brilliant and you can't see where it was!