mullethunter

Should I bring her indoors?

Thank you for thinking of her. I haven’t posted because I’m afraid of jinxing it, but I think she seems to be improving.

She’s been in the antibiotics for 5 days (out of 7) now. Yesterday she ate more than she had for the previous 4 days (about 50 mealworms and a small handful of sunflower hearts - I know that’s not a balanced chicken diet but I was just happy that she was eating) as well as having her nutri drops.

Then today she’s been eating and for the first time drinking of her own accord (up until today she would only eat if I fed her by hand). She was really smelly because her droppings have all stuck to her feathers so I had to wash her - then I left her in her cage in the front room while I went upstairs to hang up the washing (mizzly here today), and when I came back down she’d got up into the sofa arm with the cat! So she must be feeling better.

After that I opened the patio door and she pottered of to join the others. She went off slowly sort of foraging for a bit but watching her she wasn’t really eating much, so at about half three when she’d been sitting on an outside perch for a while looking worn out I brought her back in. If nothing else it’ll be easier to give her her injection and make sure she’s eaten something if she’s indoors in the morning.

I honestly thought she was going to die on Thurs and Fri. I was so sad. I can’t believe she seems to be improving. My fingers are so tightly crossed and if I believed in a higher power (other than antibiotics!) I’d be praying! :pray:

I'm so glad she seems to be improving :D

Sometimes the antibiotics just need a chance to work.

I had Queenie once who was rather poorly and she was on antibiotics. They did nothing for a good few days and just when I was on the verge of taking her back to the vet, she suddenly looked like her old self and went on to make a full recovery.

It sounds like Bernadette had a lovely time with your cat and is probably enjoying her extra time indoors.