Grandmashazzie

Himalayan Salt Lamp

I've often wanted to post pics here....there must be an easy, non techie friendly way of doing it! Is that something that the multi talented 'forum master' Tom could do/look at/set up :think:

I am hopeless at that sort of things - poor Cat Tails even had to do my avatar for me - bless her!!! Recently middle aged brain fog means that I've no idea if I'm on gas or electric (as my Mum would say :lol: )

:oops:

Don’t worry! It’s very logical and easy to take posting pictures for granted with things like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. But there are billion dollar companies behind those sites with warehouses filled with servers providing memory space. Omlet has no place between those.

Hi Charlottechicken I have gone on Imgur, taken photo. How do I get photo in to reply box?

I'm afraid I have no clue how I did that! I know I had to resize it as well and clicking on the actual photo revealed all the codes for posting to various different places if that helps?

I'm shocked that the photos aren't private though, I've been back onto imgur and haven't got any comments on mine, yet!

Photos can never be privat if you intend to post them on here. You are still only linking to the imgur website and as we will be able to see them they can’t be on a privat setting. This was no different with Photobucket.

I’m using ImgBB which doesn’t have a commenting function.

Hmm, it seems the default settings on imgur are public. Not on my account anymore!

Yes, I'd noticed on other pics posted from photobucket on here that I could access all the photos someone had stored on the site. Mine was private apart from the one posted to the forum, as it hopefully is now. Oh, and commenting is also turned off! ;)

I deleted everything except my avatar, my account is still live and they aren't yet trying to get money out of me for hosting one picture :D When they do I shall ask them to delete my property from their system, but I doubt they will bother for one photo.

I'd do it as soon as, DM. At least you will be in control of your own property.

Now the woes of photo storers :lol:

I then tried Pixir, went through all the settings,can I access your photos, I put no,took my lamp pic,went on site to find it had downloaded my photos. Into my own iPad settings and on that app,access to photos and it’s set at never,so I don’t know how they are there and I can’t seem to find how to get out of it Grrrrr.

From memory of when i was a mod, i think that the avatars are the only images on the forum, which are stored on their server. The rest are hosted by 3rd parties, so you can upload it directly from your computer if you like. Of course it may have changed.

Well, guess who uploaded their avatar straight from their pc ages ago? :oops: Thanks for that DM.

I'll be out of photobucket once the ridiculously slow site allows me to delete my account!

On 02/02/2018 at 10:48 PM, The Dogmother said:

From memory of when i was a mod, i think that the avatars are the only images on the forum, which are stored on their server. The rest are hosted by 3rd parties, so you can upload it directly from your computer if you like. Of course it may have changed.

Correct DM.  Think it takes up too much space on the server.