matt_b

Welcome to the New Omlet Forum!

6 minutes ago, The Dogmother said:

Ummm, how come I have my daughter's avatar and not mine? She hasn't used her profile in at least 10 years!

Sorry about that, it should be fixed now. Because both you and your daughter signed up with the same email address, the process which moved the data over to the new software saw the accounts as being the same, and chose the avatar from the most recently registered account.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave_L said:

Sorry about that, it should be fixed now. Because both you and your daughter signed up with the same email address, the process which moved the data over to the new software saw the accounts as being the same, and chose the avatar from the most recently registered account.

Thanks Dave, I guessed that might be the case. Kate altered it so that the email on her account was the same as mine as she was young at the time and didn't have an email account.

1 hour ago, Cat tails said:

Could there be a link back to the forum index on the bottom of the page? The topics became much l9nger, so much more scrolling. Bit of a pain to have to scroll all the way up again.

There are some buttons at the bottom of the topic you can use to get back to the topic listing, and if you look below the social media sharing icons, there's a row of 'breadcrumbs' that will allow you to go back to the parent forum, or the forum homepage.

breadcrumbs.png.f0acf4ca6afef8ccb48d35137739b9d4.png

• Thanks 1

Can’t seem to hide certain users signatures. It will give a pop-up: there was a problem hiding this users signature

Some peoples signatures are quite long in this new forum. Makes me even scroll more. :roll:

And is there a way to give an enter with small ruler distance? Everytime I press enter 

there

is 

big 

white

gap.

I accidentally sent Cat tails a reply to her PM via the Omlet page.

I was checking my emails and it said I had a PM so I clicked on it to read it and hit the reply button not realising it was Omlet.

So someone else has my message.

Computers are really not my thing.

I haven't even been able to find my previous posts yet :-(

Dearest Matt,

I seriously considered taking up the *****le art of making doork*****s. It’s a very u*****trusive hobby that’s certainly not s*****bery. Yes, many a *****leman find it a *****ility to have k*****by doork*****s, but does that make my hobby s*****bish?

Apart from over enthusiastic censoring:

When I navigate to a certain topic from “unread content” it sometimes lets me navigate to the next unread topic on the right bottom of the page, but also many times not. It feels rather random when it does or doesn’t work. But it is a useful feature, so I would like to have it working all the time.

15 hours ago, Cat tails said:

Apart from over enthusiastic censoring:

When I navigate to a certain topic from “unread content” it sometimes lets me navigate to the next unread topic on the right bottom of the page, but also many times not. It feels rather random when it does or doesn’t work. But it is a useful feature, so I would like to have it working all the time.

That happens to me, too.

On 01/03/2018 at 9:09 AM, Dave_L said:

There are some buttons at the bottom of the topic you can use to get back to the topic listing, and if you look below the social media sharing icons, there's a row of 'breadcrumbs' that will allow you to go back to the parent forum, or the forum homepage.

breadcrumbs.png.f0acf4ca6afef8ccb48d35137739b9d4.png

I'm so glad to have spotted this.

I never noticed the 'breadcrumbs' underneath before  :oops:

Have they been there all the time ? :shock:

13 minutes ago, Luvachicken said:

The old one was a lot easier to spot as it was kind of by itself, whereas the new ones are by all that facebook and other stuff, which just doesn't catch my attention because I don't use them.

We are all still getting used to it and discovering stuff! I hadn’t seen it either. Dave had to point it out.

I found another useful button the other day: if you click on “activity”, top left next to browse, you can choose “content I started”. You will get a list of all the topics you started on this forum! 

And the forum remembers what you type, even if you navigate to different parts of the forum and then come back to finish. 😉

B7558E47-5D03-4892-AB7A-269B23C7A777.png

And another thing.... on the old forum, I had always been pretty good about deleting old PMs, so my inbox only ever had 1 or 2 messages in it. It seems that when our accounts were migrated over, it also exported all PMs ever received :roll: I had to delete masses last night before I was able to send a new PM.