Valkyrie

Herefordshire here we come!

Your aunt sounds like she is wearing the been there done that t-shirt and a new house for her birthday well that is indeed B|

My husband tends to worry and not sleep and keep coming up with ideas instead of zzzzz time.  I just fume!:lol:  But it is what it is - and now the first time buyers didn't have their funds clear to transfer the deposit thingy for the exchange! :roll:  Rooster up all round! 

We even had an email from our solicitor saying he was worried that if we exchanged before exchanging with our lady (gosh I've said that more times since I went to convent school:lol: not quite the same thing!) in case she changed her mind.  Like duh - we are exchanging at the same time - the moving in date is different!  Do these people never read things properly and just skim to get it all so muddled!:roll:

I do hope things go smoothly for your aunt and that her birthday is a happy one - certainly an exciting adventure for her!:dance:

Hope she has a fun birthday and it's a bit cooler than here for her.

Does sound complex Valkyrie but you sound organised and have a plan, shame it's stepped, not long now!!

My son's buying his first place and with no chain he's still stressed.  He only chose the flat 2 weeks ago and is completing on 20th August, didn't know you could do it so quick.

Happy Birthday Daphne's Aunty!  

Not likely to exchange today either!  ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  :wall:

First time buyers funds hadn't cleared in the solicitors account but it is today.  Same solicitor requested amended mortgage details because of one of his clients hadn't shown their middle name!  Delays delays delays!  I think OH needs some Pimms!:lol:

Plum - please send your son's solicitor details to the ruddy people in our chain!  That is quick!  Lots of "ooooohhhhmmms" for your son and that it all goes smoothly too.  

It certainly needs to be addressed.  Although the solicitors incompetence along the way hasn't helped anything.  Our previous solicitor was closed down by their regulation authority for dodgy practice!!!!O.o  We had to sort all that out the other year after being notified from the authority!  Thankfully we hadn't started the house sale then, but one of our neighbours was in the middle of buying a big yacht (how the other half live!!) and he was using the same company - that didn't help matters for him!  Thank goodness it wasn't a house purchase!

Here you buy a house, get a mortgage from a bank. No chain of buyers. You can sell your own house first, but if you have enough funds, it’s not a requirement. Although since this year, the mortgage can only be 100% of the house price, meaning you need savings to pay for the solicitor and transfer fees.

That sounds a better alternative system - but knowing the way things go over here - that'd be one big mess too, Catsy! :think:  I don't think the Scots have this trouble either!

How lovely Daphne - now looking out over the sea is a very calming thing to have after all the manic moving in - even if it's stormy sea weather!

Well we have exchanged today - with the lower end of the chain.  Our lady's solicitor didn't get her to sign the last part of the contract.  That poor woman.  Just when she thinks it's all sorted she ends up having more issues!  Frustrating yet again as we only found that out when we were all getting ready to exchange.  A call from our solicitor to break the news and to see what we thought.  OH phoned the Devon estate agent (sorry - just come back from holiday so things stand still when I'm not there - well, not quite but you get the idea) and she said that poor Mrs P had been making daily trips to the dump to clear the house in order to be ready, so the moving dates stay the same, just the top part of the exchange.  If anything happens then we rent or be first time buyers. 

We are going to stay with our daughter for a week - all sorted on that front.  The light is getting bigger at the end of the tunnel.

Well it's started, a huge lorry has been here this morning and pretty much upstairs has all been done - and a lot downstairs has disappeared too!  We have been entertained by the guys singing - but I've been told they only do requests on Fridays!  :lol:  Really nice guys.  Final bits (including our bed - we won't be sleeping on the floor tonight!) are going tomorrow morning and then that's it.  A quick tidy up - been doing a fair bit, but yuk, cobwebs behind the long standing cupboards!!!  Plus Fred in a corner - I'll have to take her out because I don't want her to be sucked up the hoover.  She has been tucking into woodlice - however did they get indoors anyway!!!!???!!!

Meanwhile our lady's solicitors still refuse contact with our solicitor - bearing in mind our exchange should have happened 2 weeks ago!  They are also still ignoring the estate agent and our lady.  So anyone who might be interested in using Thursfields in Kidderminster, I'd say do not touch them with a barge pole - even if they did win an award last year!  >:(

On a plus we will be eating out with number one son this evening, tomorrow we will be having a takeaway with our neighbour and sleeping there for the night, followed by breakfast at a local farm before travelling to number one daughter!  Life is so hard!  :lol:

Lol - Freds are house spiders - the big ones. :x

Well we are in Daventry now!  Finally exchanged late Tuesday (really late so that we were unable to get the property insured and had to do it the following morning - still not impressed with them at all) so we now will have a home to go to.  I think I filled the first big lorry with all my fabric!  Two huge lorries and a little truck for all our rubbish - I mean treasured possessions (apart from the sewing machines).  Very strange way of doing things - but also very clever.  Each lorry contained 3 large containers (which will then be fork lifted into big containers for storage) and it was filled like a jigsaw puzzle - no space wasted.  I thought it would be room by room, but it was part rooms with fillers from elsewhere.  We were fascinated!  We were entertained by one of the guys singing Mull of Kintyre but I was told they only do requests on Friday moves!:lol:   I also had to put a Fred out into the garden because one of the removal fellows was petrified!  A big young lad too!  I have cleaned everything from top to bottom and I'm hoping I missed nothing!  With 2 little kiddies that'll be such a big help when they move in.  We stayed with my neighbour overnight but were up at 5 and did the last of the cleaning yesterday morning.  It was lovely as we left - our neighbours all came out to yell goodbye to us (except the weird ones next door that don't speak to any of us - although he did have a big conversation with the removal guy).  I think I'll miss them more than the house - it was what made living there so special (apart from raising our family - ups and downs, as families do but generally good times).  But hey ho, a new adventure begins - time to relax for a week and for the time being we chill with our daughter.  Maybe chill isn't the right word - just gone to bed and almost asleep when I heard a loud whisper "mum mum mum!"  I got up to find there was a big cobweb spider on her bed.  Naturally it found itself in the garden shortly after and it should think itself lucky!!!  It's hard to turn off the mum sleeping with one ear open thing!

Apparently the new people are in, their belongings in a tiny truck.  My neighbour has sent a photo with the car on the drive.  We had a double garage and probably the longest driveway in the cul-de-sac.  It looked like they didn't know where to park so parked in the middle!:lol:  It's a tiny car and it looks even tinier in the photo!

Edited by Valkyrie
added a bit

Congratulations, you'll be so excited in your new home, I quite envy you!

3 lorries - that is going some!  I remember when I unpacked from our last move I found some bits and pieces which weren't ours, the boxes were so big and everything was wrapped, so that previous users hadn't noticed they'd left some stuff in there.

LOL!  Yes - we seem to have more old music centre systems (cassette, radio, and turntable) than we thought we had!  And the sewing machine of fate - definitely not mine!  Sadly not the old 78 records that belonged to my grandmother that we had in the last house - although he remembered the Scalextric from there.  Since given to the guy that came to do the survey on our house!:lol:

Glad it has all gone well :-D

I was also sad to leave my neighbours behind and would have brought them with me if I could.

The house where we are now was also spotless when we moved in and smelt so lovely we had to ask what she had cleaned with - Flash Ocean.

The family also left a card, a bouquet of freesias and instructions.

I'm sure the family that have moved into your old house will have appreciated all the cleaning you did.