Valkyrie

Herefordshire here we come!

Your aunt sounds like she is wearing the been there done that t-shirt and a new house for her birthday well that is indeed B|

My husband tends to worry and not sleep and keep coming up with ideas instead of zzzzz time.  I just fume!:lol:  But it is what it is - and now the first time buyers didn't have their funds clear to transfer the deposit thingy for the exchange! :roll:  Rooster up all round! 

We even had an email from our solicitor saying he was worried that if we exchanged before exchanging with our lady (gosh I've said that more times since I went to convent school:lol: not quite the same thing!) in case she changed her mind.  Like duh - we are exchanging at the same time - the moving in date is different!  Do these people never read things properly and just skim to get it all so muddled!:roll:

I do hope things go smoothly for your aunt and that her birthday is a happy one - certainly an exciting adventure for her!:dance:

Hope she has a fun birthday and it's a bit cooler than here for her.

Does sound complex Valkyrie but you sound organised and have a plan, shame it's stepped, not long now!!

My son's buying his first place and with no chain he's still stressed.  He only chose the flat 2 weeks ago and is completing on 20th August, didn't know you could do it so quick.

Happy Birthday Daphne's Aunty!  

Not likely to exchange today either!  ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  :wall:

First time buyers funds hadn't cleared in the solicitors account but it is today.  Same solicitor requested amended mortgage details because of one of his clients hadn't shown their middle name!  Delays delays delays!  I think OH needs some Pimms!:lol:

Plum - please send your son's solicitor details to the ruddy people in our chain!  That is quick!  Lots of "ooooohhhhmmms" for your son and that it all goes smoothly too.  

I’m still amazed by the whole house buying process in the UK. Sounds so much more complicated than over here!

It certainly needs to be addressed.  Although the solicitors incompetence along the way hasn't helped anything.  Our previous solicitor was closed down by their regulation authority for dodgy practice!!!!O.o  We had to sort all that out the other year after being notified from the authority!  Thankfully we hadn't started the house sale then, but one of our neighbours was in the middle of buying a big yacht (how the other half live!!) and he was using the same company - that didn't help matters for him!  Thank goodness it wasn't a house purchase!

Here you buy a house, get a mortgage from a bank. No chain of buyers. You can sell your own house first, but if you have enough funds, it’s not a requirement. Although since this year, the mortgage can only be 100% of the house price, meaning you need savings to pay for the solicitor and transfer fees.

Thank you Valkyrie:D I can't speak to her because its all too fraught, but I will ring this evening, when I hope they are sitting down, with a glass of something, enjoying their view, they have moved into a flat, overlooking the sea.

That sounds a better alternative system - but knowing the way things go over here - that'd be one big mess too, Catsy! :think:  I don't think the Scots have this trouble either!

How lovely Daphne - now looking out over the sea is a very calming thing to have after all the manic moving in - even if it's stormy sea weather!

Well we have exchanged today - with the lower end of the chain.  Our lady's solicitor didn't get her to sign the last part of the contract.  That poor woman.  Just when she thinks it's all sorted she ends up having more issues!  Frustrating yet again as we only found that out when we were all getting ready to exchange.  A call from our solicitor to break the news and to see what we thought.  OH phoned the Devon estate agent (sorry - just come back from holiday so things stand still when I'm not there - well, not quite but you get the idea) and she said that poor Mrs P had been making daily trips to the dump to clear the house in order to be ready, so the moving dates stay the same, just the top part of the exchange.  If anything happens then we rent or be first time buyers. 

We are going to stay with our daughter for a week - all sorted on that front.  The light is getting bigger at the end of the tunnel.

Whoop you're getting there!  So stressful you'll need a retreat after all this.  Is your daughter going away for a week xD