Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just wanted to share; we purchased the hentronix for our eglu after seeing a You tube vid on how to fit it to the Eglu. It was super simple and is working great! Really love it in case anyone is looking for an auto door! :)))

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes we got one before Christmas  & love it......when it was very cold I put a tap cover over the top which worked a treat!

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just ordered one. It'll be handy for us when the (whisper it) shorter days come around and we come home from seeing our granddaughter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Avid-Myrtle said:

yes we got one before Christmas  & love it......when it was very cold I put a tap cover over the top which worked a treat!

I'm sorry I've been trying to figure why it needed the tap cover all day 😂 was hoping I'd twig on 😂😂 what does it need it for??! Sorry to be daft!

3 hours ago, GrannyTrish said:

I've just ordered one. It'll be handy for us when the (whisper it) shorter days come around and we come home from seeing our granddaughter.

Yes, I think my girls do prefer being shut in at night; I noticed that the door guard moves back into the pack so really glad to have it so they can all settle down for the night undisturbed, especially as mice had been going in at night (not since I chicken wired the run and bought a Grandpa's feeder tho!) :)

Edited by Natspringy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Natspringy said:

I'm sorry I've been trying to figure why it needed the tap cover all day 😂 was hoping I'd twig on 😂😂 what does it need it for??! Sorry to be daft!

 

I've been wondering about that, too :lol:.

I always shut ours in at night, but in the winter when it gets dark late afternoon we'll still be visiting so the automatic closing will be just the thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lewis said:

I'm assuming Avid meant tarp :lol: 

:lol: Doh! :$

I was thinking of an outside tap and thought you might get something to cover it during the winter! *feels silly now* :ph34r:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GrannyTrish said:

:lol: Doh! :$

I was thinking of an outside tap and thought you might get something to cover it during the winter! *feels silly now* :ph34r:

I was thinking the same! 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry everyone! we had a tap cover over it when it was very cold to stop the motor from freezing as we were a bit worried. Hope that helps

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Avid-Myrtle said:

Sorry everyone! we had a tap cover over it when it was very cold to stop the motor from freezing as we were a bit worried. Hope that helps

So you do mean a cover for an outside water tap? Do you have a picture of it, please, or a link to one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I brought a cheaper winter outside tap cover (the padded type) and put it over the motor & taped it up. We had one occasion when it didn't open & I thought perhaps it had got frozen so we brought the tap cover and it worked ll winter 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's great isn't it?

Also installed a chicken cam so we can check on the girls whilst we are away. So reassuring especially having to leave one a little unwell (fine now and inlaws stayed to nurse her) but great this week whilst the neighbours are in charge. Also lovely to see them!  😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...