She’s the smallest of the three but seems to be doing ok 🤞🏻Keeps up with the other two bombing about like loonies! Feet aren’t perfect but don’t seem to be holding her back at the moment. Hopefully she’ll do ok! Thank you for asking.

In other news I’m pretty sure the Wyandotte which was supposed to be gold, blue or buff laced is actually lavender :roll:

Initial feelings (they’re less than a week old so couldn’t really say what I’m basing this on) are that Duck is a girl and the other pekin is a boy. Don’t know about the Wyandotte- it’s much smaller with less of a comb than my other one at the same age, but it is already facing up to the bigger pekin. Time will tell!

The cheepers go to bed every night on top of the brooder. I go in before I go to bed and put them under it. They’re happy to go under it during the day.

Should I let them sleep on top? Will they be warm enough and if they get too cold will they go under while it’s dark?

Edited by mullethunter

The little’uns will be 5 weeks old at the end of the week - they’re currently perched on my leg going to sleep after a busy couple of hours outside in the drizzle! It’s not really important but I have a question about colour - what do you think they are?! 

The pekins were supposed to be all lavender but while the boy definitely is, the girl, Duck, is much paler - I’d say almost porcelain. And the Wyandotte was from a pen of buff, blue and gold laced - so I was expecting either one of those, or splash or black - but I don’t know what colour he actually is. Anyone any ideas on him or Duck? 

Also an issue with Duck that I wonder if anyone’s seen before - her peck aim seems slightly off so she often misses small targets - she’s growing and feathering well so is obviously fine with a feeder of crumb, but I can’t tell whether it’s sight or coordination. Any ideas?

5B88F4BB-E2CB-4B51-888D-A87D8B608C43.jpeg

That little one is definitely much paler, but don't forget that they go through 3 moults before they get their adult feathers, so you may see another colour change yet. It will be interesting to watch.

I haven't had experience of the possible eyesight/co-ordination problem, but if Duck is thriving, then I wouldn't worry too much

Waaay too cute!

• Like 1

The cheeps are doing well - I had the day off today so I was able to supervise so they’ve been out and about with the big girls for most of the day.

Wyandotte was supposed to be blue, gold or buff laced, but he’s sort of grey-blue (not sure what’s gone in there because I thought the genetics meant (s)he should’ve been either laced or black, not sure if that’s right though) - almost uniform, except for one or two chestnut feathers.

12CBABF1-7859-4658-9A8D-7556F24D79F1.jpeg

F3258C46-A4FA-4122-8D8C-647896132097.jpeg

Oh and here’re Duck and her brother

6A3B4371-D146-4D06-979B-64C369574E8C.jpeg

D0FD6C1A-05E4-4C9A-820C-E359C7038536.jpeg