Jump to content
Nix

Spare Eglu Cube MK1 Parts following attempted theft

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'm gutted, after years of keeping brahmas we have had two thefts of my chickens in just 6 months! Despite my partner building a much more secure area to keep our girls in the thieves broke in again over the weekend and took my 3 new baby Isabella brahmas, and tried to remove my entire eglu cube MK1...Absolutely heartbroken at these thieves taking our beloved pets..The first 5 they took this spring were very tame and all had names.....I had only brought these three a few weeks back as it took me a while to get my head around keeping them again, and feeling that they might be safe enough in their new enclosure...This time the thieves have also removed the roof, side door, both poop trays and the water bowl and door pins from our cube and taken them too. They lifted the whole house and run and couldn't get it over the enclosure that my partner had made for our girls, so just left it on its side with the fox proof run bent under the weight..Police hace once again been notified over this happening. But lord knows what they can do to get my girls back ...We have scoured the local lanes for the stolen cube bits, and Omlet apparently no longer stock any of these parts, despite my partner only buying the cube as brand new for me a few years ago it would appear that I have no way to repair it now too. Please if anyone local in Herts, Beds or Bucks has any spares of these components lying about could you let me know? And please be extra vigilant with your chickens and their homes now too xxx

chix zoom.jpg

chix5.jpg

chix6.jpg

Edited by Nix
Photos of my stolen flocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no!  I feel for you.  I’ll pass the information around so we can keep an eye open for any cheap spare parts on offer.  Keep us posted. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s truly horrendous what the hell is wrong with people. Why can’t they just leave things that don’t belong to them. Even worse with animals who are people’s pets. This has made me so incredibly angry. I really hate people sometimes and honestly despair at being part of the human race.

I’m sorry I don’t have any spare bits. And I can’t think f anything to say. I’m so sorry you’ve lost your girls in such despicable circumstances.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oh god - how awful!!  I'm so sorry this has happened to you and I really hope someone comes along with some spare bits.  Do you think it would be possible to put a CCTV camera over your coop to hopefully deter your babies being stolen again?

A really big hug for you xx

 

 

 

 

Edited by SeramaSilly
spelling!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Horrid news

I'm afraid that this does go on quite a bit, mainly Asian hard feathers though - breeders will take it in turns to sleep by the show pens at night when they are at a show!

CCTV does sound the way to go

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Words fail me sometimes too about the depths some people will stoop to.  Utterly contemptible.

I am so sorry to hear about the thefts, your birds were beautiful and oh so stately, which is no doubt why somebody stole them.  Isabellas in particular are a new colour and sought after, but obviously that is no excuse whatsoever.

Trying to be more practical, rather than just furious, which would be my default positiion, as well as getting CCTV, I was wondering if a) you explained to Omlet what had happened if they might find a few odds and ends in a storeroom and b) if you listed what you are after on Gumtree or other similar site, somebody might have what you want (I presume you don't mind paying) and c) are there any other stockists of Omlet products other than Omlet that you could approach?

I hope you manage to salvage something from this episode, I wish I was still in the UK, I could have a rummage in my shed for you.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are just a waste of air..!  I'm so sorry this has happened to you xx

Try the for sale posts on the forum here, Gumtree or eBay for spares - fingers crossed xx

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SeramaSilly said:

Oh god - how awful!!  I'm so sorry this has happened to you and I really hope someone comes along with some spare bits.  Do you think it would be possible to put a CCTV camera over your coop to hopefully deter your babies being stolen again?

A really big hug for you xx

 

 

 

 

Hi there! Thanks so much for your message...Yes definitely considering cameras now..such a shame to have to think like this..but enough is enough...Gonna be a while till I get things back on track for keeping chooks though..v upset by whole thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Daphne said:

Words fail me sometimes too about the depths some people will stoop to.  Utterly contemptible.

I am so sorry to hear about the thefts, your birds were beautiful and oh so stately, which is no doubt why somebody stole them.  Isabellas in particular are a new colour and sought after, but obviously that is no excuse whatsoever.

Trying to be more practical, rather than just furious, which would be my default positiion, as well as getting CCTV, I was wondering if a) you explained to Omlet what had happened if they might find a few odds and ends in a storeroom and b) if you listed what you are after on Gumtree or other similar site, somebody might have what you want (I presume you don't mind paying) and c) are there any other stockists of Omlet products other than Omlet that you could approach?

I hope you manage to salvage something from this episode, I wish I was still in the UK, I could have a rummage in my shed for you.

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks so much for your support Daphne, yes I think CCTV gonna have to be the way to go in the future..so upset by the whole thing, as I truly have no idea of the motive of these people, or what has happened to our pets!..sadly Omlet couldn't help with the house either, which is frustrating as the coop was bought from them as brand new I think only about 4 years ago...it was their office that suggested I try on the forum here....Will keep a look out...thanks again x

12 hours ago, AnneEgg said:

Thanks Anne..What we really need to find are the MK1 plastic components- roof, sidedoor, droppings trays x2, and the glug..I can probaby do running repairs to the fox-proof run itself, and we have a large pen which encompasses the whole Cube and run making it fairly safe from foxes at least! :S   I really appreciate you looking out for me..Thank you!! x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have several glugs, but they are probably not the items you need most.  I abandoned glugs some time ago.  Would it be possible to buy another pre loved cube?  Then you can keep / sell the rest you have as spares.  Can’t imagne what anybody one would do with the parts stolen from you.  Doesn’t make sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patricia W said:

I have several glugs, but they are probably not the items you need most.  I abandoned glugs some time ago.  Would it be possible to buy another pre loved cube?  Then you can keep / sell the rest you have as spares.  Can’t imagne what anybody one would do with the parts stolen from you.  Doesn’t make sense. 

Thanks Patricia, yes its the structural housing bits I'm really looking for, so we can use the house again....The thieves left the house upended on its side, I think they may have had in mind to take the entire cube and had removed all the smaller components before realising it was a total ballache to try to get the main coop unit out of the large chicken pen that my partner had built...The other theory is that they wanted to vandalise the coop out of spite, but I'm sure they would have just smashed things on site and left them in situ rather than bothering to take them away..None of them have been found road-side either...am wondering if the theives might yet come back for rest of house...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many Chickens do you have left? I recently moved from a Classic Mk1 to a Cube, and if it is any help whatsoever I'd be happy to lend you my Classic until you can sort out your spares.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 12:46 PM, george01 said:

How many Chickens do you have left? I recently moved from a Classic Mk1 to a Cube, and if it is any help whatsoever I'd be happy to lend you my Classic until you can sort out your spares.

Thanks George, That's so kind..Unfortunately the sods (once again) took my entire flock...so I'm almost back to square one again..Just trying to repair my coop and upping security (yet again) before we go anywhere near keeping chooks again....Thank you though I really appreciate your kind offer x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×