Luvachicken

Christmas swap 2018

On 06/10/2018 at 7:26 PM, soapdragon said:

Not sure when I'll get them all done though - that's my worry. Prob by 2nd week in December as I'd planned same for teacher presents. Would that be too late?

The second week is probably OK to send stuff - the last posting date is around 17th Dec but we usually try and send our parcels a bit before that so you should be Ok.

Why don't you make the swap present first as you have to send it and then make gifts for the teachers after :wink:

23 hours ago, Luvachicken said:

The second week is probably OK to send stuff - the last posting date is around 17th Dec but we usually try and send our parcels a bit before that so you should be Ok.

Why don't you make the swap present first as you have to send it and then make gifts for the teachers after :wink:

That's good regarding timescales....all made at the same time as it's like a production line with a number of processes! There, that's got you wondering, hasn't it ;)

We'll be told when by our organiser, prod prod :-D  and given a date for posting.  She'll send you details of your swappee by private message and post on here telling us to look.  We're not allowed to give away what we're making and for who but can chat generally.  Actually I don't know why we don't reveal who made which gift afterwards it would make it a lot easier to ask questions afterwards.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get ideas so please fellow elves can you answer my questions -

1. Cats or dogs

2. Favourite colour / colours   Colours you really don't like

3. Winter or summer

4. Seaside or mountains

5. modern Christmas, traditional Christmas or don't celebrate

6.  Would you prefer a Christmas craft or more general for all year round

7. What can I make you xD (is this cheating O.o)

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:45 PM, Patricia W said:

Live ones??

Live what ???

Better answer my own question

1. Dogs (| have 3 cats and no dogs except a wicker one in the garden)

2. Bright colours, teal, turquoise, mustard, orange,  Not fond of pastel pink and green

3. Spring and Summer

4. Seaside with a sprinkling of mountains

5. Christmas any form

6. Happy with a Christmas craft or non seasonal

7. I love having something made for me and you've enjoyed doing it so you choose and you'll enjoy doing it. If you need some ideas you could make me a cosmetic purse, pincushion or placemat unless you're into ceramics xD if you are then you could try a porcelain vase!  knitting and crochet you won't be short of ideas little animals (dog), decoration, cube cover.  Cooking anything.  Have fun!!!

Me me me meeeee!  I actually forgot and Plum finally gave me a smack on the derriere on the phone!  :$:lol:  

Much work being done here at the mo.  On quilt retreat this weekend for a week!  Family visits in a neverending stream for the next two weeks after that.  Chicken run needs to be erected and just ordering a greenhouse!

I think I have a plan or two for a pressie.

• Like 1

1. Definitely cats! :wink:

2. Love yellow, teal, petrol blue, pink

3. Winter, spring, autumn 

4. Mountains and forests.

5. Red and white Christmas! Although any Christmas is a good Christmas :lol:

6.  Would love anything!

7.  See 6, although I really don’t have a hat head.

Edited by Cat tails

Just catching up the previous posty bits - Plum did you get live chicks for Easter?  LOL!  Well that would be nice!  And I still have and use my pressies (apart from edibles and surprising how fast they went) and not only that - the swap is the first present I get to squish and shake (gently)!:whistle:

Good idea Pimmsy Plum:

1. Cats or dogs - I like both but as I want a cat badly and currently brainwashing OH - then feel free to help my cause!

2. Favourite colour / colours   Colours you really don't like - I'm not really a pink person - Barbara Cartland made me cringe as does Barbie pink!  Fave is green - mint, turquoise, emerald.  Then blue - aqua, pale blue.  Actually I love pastel shades of everything.

3. Winter or summer - I'm a springy person - boing!

4. Seaside or mountains - yes, countryside - all of it and I love clouds - stormy ones even.  

5. modern Christmas, traditional Christmas or don't celebrate - I'm a traddy person.

6.  Would you prefer a Christmas craft or more general for all year round - happy with whatever I'm given and I have a couple dotted about now (apart from the sweeties).  Lurve all my pressies.  

7. What can I make you xD (is this cheating O.o) anything you fancy.

Sooo Plum you now have 50,001 things to do.:lol:

Here goes with the question and answer session!

1. Neither/either

2. Love purples/blues/greys. Don't like yellows/oranges/pinks

3. Winter

4. Seaside

5. Trad Xmas

6. Happy with anything handmade with love and pride - what more could you ask for!?

I'm afraid that whoever gets me will have trad Christmassy....I can only make one Christmas thing! Do I gather that there is a tradition of not giving away who has made what? Certainly I'd like to know who to thank!

1. Cats

2. Not a fan of yellow

3. Either no preference

4. I grew up by the sea, but love skiing in the mountains

5. No preference

6. Anything

7. Anything, I love all the previous swap gifts.

Not sure what to make yet, I will wait and see who I get.

I would rather not know who has made my gift as it spoils the secret Santa.

23 hours ago, soapdragon said:

Do I gather that there is a tradition of not giving away who has made what? Certainly I'd like to know who to thank!

Yes, what we make is a secret but we all say thank you on here to our secret swappers :-D as well as a photo, so we can all see what we have been made. It wouldn't be much of a secret swap if you knew who'd sent your parcel :wink:

I usually leave about 6 weeks for you to make something and time to get it posted.

Off the top of my head I think I usually PM you your details around the beginning of November.

If anyone changes their mind and decides not to take part, that is absolutely fine, but PLEASE don't tell me just before I send out the PM's. 

We can find other ways to wind you up:D

Thanks for the answers, it'll help when we get the names I hope.  It's hard to think of something different when you've been doing it for 10 years or so.

Off to get another swap made a baby quilt, a door quilt and couple of cushions for the kids.  Oh and a postcard.  My scissors are smoking xD