Loads of uses for these in hen central. A recent German study found best perch for hens was a squared off perch wrapped with a covering with something slightly cushioned and they suggested  used bicycle inner tubes. Your local cycle shop will be only too keen to let you have some of these for free. 

I cut them open, wiped off the talc stuff and then wound them flat as tight as I could around the outdoor perch and secured ends with staples. 

I also have used one to suspend an old hanging basket which I fill with greens. The tube is elastic so a bit more fun than plain rope.

anybody else got some ideas for using these? 

Plant ties, we use them all over the place, from using the whole width of a tube for tying trees and vines to stakes, to cutting thinner ribbons and tying in roses and other climbers, or even for toms.

I can imagine those tyres would be good wrapped round the cube ladder rungs.  Like the idea of plant ties also.  Great fun repurposing things. 

Just watch out for red mites lodging under them... a friend did something similar and was plagued by the critters nesting under the rubber.:S