The Dogmother

Forum upgrade?

3 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

One thing that is really annoying is with the old forum the headline took you to the last post that you read.  Here it just takes you to the beginning of the whole thing.  Click the last page and you scroll down and down and down - get cuppa - scroll down down . . . ah!  Scroll back up and up and there we are.  Needs tweaking.  I also think having the separate pages of food etc was more attractive to newbies to have a look at and find oh so many goodies, people trying to lose weight (ahem look at sky and whistle) - this new way appears to have less widespread topics for new people.

Or you just click the little ball/star in front once you navigate from the unread page...

Or you just click on the last page next to the bar from the forum page...

6480ABC1-6E26-40F3-9DCB-0C16FCA52EDB.jpeg

52A7A8DA-095F-41E0-A89B-5F6241BFCFC8.jpeg

Edited by Cat tails

So called fast self check outs in supermarkets get me every time. Last week, in Sainsbury's, I had a pair of leggings and two cans of curried beans (an interesting supper, methinks!) and decided to risk the self check out. A triumph of hope over experience, as it turned out.

'Unexplained item in bagging area'..............it's a tin of beans, stupid, and you TOLD me to put it there.

:lol: I avoid it like the plague after trying it once - had the thing sounding off a horn that once belonged to the Titanic and everyone looked round.  The lady who was on duty laughed and said she was watching me and no, it was definitely the machine having one of those days!  That was after I dropped to my knees, wringing my hands and begging for help!

2 minutes ago, Luvachicken said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I often talk to the photocopier at my school ...... and why is it nobody manages to refill the paper tray ?

Or colleagues that only put a small stack of paper in the tray... really now dear? You think the printer people were too stupid to make the tray big enough for a standard pack of paper? “Oh but I only need a few copies...” 😤

• Haha 2

Ah well, that lack of paper could be someone like me.  I killed our photocopier by putting paper in and it jammed oh so well. That was after OH whinged and said I should do it myself, so how hard can loading paper be?  Followed the instructions and I choked it to death.  I am now banned from touching the new one - all because he won't try to show me as he is so impatient.  So now he has to do it all - he only has himself to blame, says Mrs Pass the Buck.:lol: