Purplemaniacs

What has happened to the forum?

Hubby gave me flowers and chocs tonight as tomorrow is a right off with appts and a long parent’s evening.   The flowers are  my favourites.  I was really pleased and said “Wow my favourites!” His genuinely confused response was “What are?  The chocolates? Reslly? I thought you like milk chocolate”  He’s known me 20 years and hasn’t got a clue.  I’m dairy intolerant! 😂

Edited by ajm200

Hubby and I got engaged and married on Valentine’s Day.  He thought he was being clever and would save money with just one card and meal.  After 2 decades of being robbed blind for mediocre food in the most expensive day of the year he’s not feeling so clever 

Hahaha!  Serves him right!  One year my FIL told OH (they worked together - plus his grandad - 3 generations!) to buy some flowers on his way home from work.  He was very pleased with himself - I said were they going cheap then.  After much faffing around he eventually owned up.  Waterloo Station florist was closing up and they wanted to get rid of the roses so offered them at token gesture prices.  Amazingly those roses lasted 3 weeks without any signs of deterioration, so it was a good purchase.  I hasten to add that was our anniversary and not Valentines.