ajm200

The Fox is back 😕

We’ve had our girls from the 2nd and already a fox 🦊 is back. Was clearing the back fence where the greenhouse will be moved to before it’s metamorphosis into my love new run and the fence stank of dog wee.  We back onto a very steep bank that goes down to a main road. We have never owned a do due to my daughters dust and pet hair allergy,   There is no way that a dog walker let a dog pee on our fence as it would take quite an effort to get through the council’s neglected gorse and bramble patch to get up the 60+ degree incline that they claim is left to encourage nature.  There is a multi-acre forest and big marshland/heath across the road 🙄 so it is just cost cutting that encourages rats. 

Have tentative agreement to electrical wiring along the top of the fence.  Does anyone have this in an urban area?  Did you have to get any planning permission, etc.  

Hubby is only agreeing as our daughter was blinded for four months this year by toxo in her eyes;  her sight was saved by an incredible team from the Royal Marsden, Great Ormands Street, the children’s hospital in Liverpool and our local Frimley Park. We are so lucky to have our NHS,,  We had an amazing A&E Dr who wouldn’t take no for a answer and an amazing eye consultant who still can’t believe she can see.  As a result, hubby hates cats, sorry cat lovers, and wants to stop all the cats using our garden as a loo.  

I think it made perfect sense, although I can't respond to the fox in an urban garden question.  We have a resident vixen . . . somewhere not far off, that had cubs last year, so as I know she's been doing whoopsies in the garden (and we have her on wildlife cam) I'm greatly relieved that the chooks are in their cubes inside a supposedly fox-proof run with electric fencing around the outside!  They were allowed out into the field today as it was lovely and I was working out there.  Probably pushing my luck, but it was lovely to see them in the scrubby parts digging away.  Goldie had a face-off session with a pheasant hen and Trigger was busy shaking his feathery mane at another pheasant hen.  Just think of surfer dude with long blonde hair showing off.  LOL!  I know foxes can breach an electric fence - it's down to the strength of the battery and that nothing is interfering with the flow - we spotted a short where the fence had dropped and was touching the metal part of the pole, otherwise we have damp proof membrane around to stop the grass growing up in the wire.  Or sheer ingenuity of the fox, so I will have to keep an eye out.  So far 2 have been spotted in a field away, but then it is mating season.  Perhaps your fox is leaving scent for a potential mate?