Patricia W

Reading Bantam Show

Continuing on the theme of what has been lost from the Forum, we had a thread about meeting up, interesting events etc.  I’ve just discovered that the Reading Bantam Show is on in Newbury on 23/24 th February.   I’m aiming to go if anyone else is interested?  I could do either day.  I think the Sunday was good from memory. 

Reading is a great show, we used to go every year!

Sunday is much more chilled as all judging has been done so exhibitors are more relaxed if you want to speak to breed clubs to source eggs or birds ...and the sales pens will probably be cheaper.

I won't be able to get back as I start my penultimate rotation block but hopefully get to more shows next year when I'll be back home!

Damn, I have a course on that weekend :roll:

Mind you, I don't need any stock and that's usually the only reason for going.

Haha, bet that you load your chicken box in the car!!!!

Last time I went we were filming, but I ended up spending quite a bit on some lovely new birds.:oops:  You know how it is...................

I’d love to go one year but this isn’t it.  Not up to it at the moment. Maybe next time 

My favourite memory of Reading is a Call Duck being photographed that took flight across the hall and Paco a Spanish friend caught it perfectly mid-air :lol: 

• Haha 2

:lol:

Yep, will have to miss it this year.  Did enjoy though.  Ooh that'll be the first one in years that I missed!  Apart from the lock down.  Post the pics when you go!