Charlottechicken

Anyone claimed PPI?

Thought I would ask on here as we are all friendly and I will get good solid information.

I'm pretty frugal and have never thought this would apply to me, but realise I had several catalogue accounts and a store card back in the 80's/90's when PPI was a thing. I'm certain I remember having to pay a small charge on a store card and a catalogue for insurance purposes, something I didn't want or ask for but was non negotiable. I usually paid things off pretty quick so never went over the free credit limits.

However, how on earth do you claim or even begin to claim if you have no data? I'm sure my amount will be less than £100, but I was aware of it at the time as something I did not want to pay and am interested to see if any of you have successfully claimed, even for piffling amounts.

Hubby did.  He followed advice on the Money saving expert site.  He used s template letter and sent it to every card company and bank he’d dealt with, He got quite a bit back.  Worth doing but don’t spend it too quickly as Hubby had to pay tax on some of it

My OH did it and got thousands and thousands back. we think it was in connection with his mortgage, which was paid off. He didn't question it and just took the cash.

I've never done it. I don't think I'd be able to remember all the accounts that I've had at all.  I'm still curious and thinking about it though. 

10 hours ago, redhotchick said:

My OH did it and got thousands and thousands back. we think it was in connection with his mortgage, which was paid off. He didn't question it and just took the cash.

I've never done it. I don't think I'd be able to remember all the accounts that I've had at all.  I'm still curious and thinking about it though. 

Hubby just wrote to all companies with his  details and past and current addresses if he didn’t have acct numbers.  He wrote to most of the credit card companies as some of the little ones are backed by the major companies.  They tracked down the acct details.  Worth a try

6es was just reading this out to OH, we never bothered checking before bu5 as we were in early twenties when we got our first mortgage am sure we maybe did have it added in and were too naive to notice. Definitely will print some MSE forms and send them out. I think claims finish this year.