I have 2 big boys living elsewhere (long story) I've bought them a 3x4 run and am taking my MK1cube over for them.

Now the roosting bars are quite thin for big feet. I modified all the bars for smaller girls.essentually highering at the front..

Any suggestions for the boys?

20190205_122746.jpg

They are magnificent! I do love roosters.  I have two, but they are not very big, so are fine in the cube.  When you say you have modified the bars, are they the wooden ones? Mine are plastic so I don’t know how they could be modified? 

Yes, they struggle to balance on anything too small. Ours have 3" wide perches which they grip at the front and then settle their keel onto their feet overnight. None of our chickens roost standing up.

Need to add that they will have to be kept out of sight of any hens or they will fight, especially this time of year.

I have a big lad in my Mk 1 Cube and he doesn't seem to struggle at all - he is a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte boy so fairly large. They do have the plastic roosting bars though not the wooden ones so I'm not sure how much they differ.

They are lovely.  Can you make a roosting bar frame with wider flat timbers instead of the narrow bars.  Temporarily, could you remove the bars and let them stand in the trays as you would for chicks?