patsylabrador

Holiday season, tourists and so on

Luvvie - we thought the same when we first moved here with the narrow roads and high banks - but you do get used to it very quickly.  I still go a bit slow because I'm a bit wider so have had some near misses when numpties come round a bend without slowing down - you never know what's behind that bend - could be people on horseback - so I don't quite understand their mentality.  You make mental notes of the wider parts in case you have to reverse half a mile!   

But here has been pretty quiet.  I've seen two caravans in Tiverton pulling into a campsite by the canal and a camper van in Bampton.  Nobody comes here - nothing touristy for them!  There is a new shop in Bampton - a haberdashery, fabric and Moroccan bric-a-brac!  Hmmm.  I think the fabric could be precuts but looks more like felt squares, no cutting table for bolts because we looked in the window.  There is a serger and a Janome sewing machine in the window too.  The thread isn't one that I use and being right in the window can only think that the sun will bleach the colours out of them anyway.  So nothing for any passing tourists!  Oh deary me, look at that - whinge whinge whinge! :lol:

Soapy - that's inflation for you.  Big difference.  I thought it was daylight robbery at Croyde.  When they did the bungalow up, they extended but it was worse - the windows in the bedroom were patio doors - no other way of having air in the room!  Yet they wanted much more - probably to pay for the building work.  Probably cheaper to B&B!

LOL!  And some of those are locals!  One woman reversed into a hedge and was diagonally across the road - nobody, not even a cyclist could get past her!  She got very angry as she had to pull out of the hedge and several times she carried on hedge bouncing until there was a wide enough gap - which was only a few yards behind her.  I think she expected me to reverse but I knew I'd passed a gap a while back and could see the gap on her side was/should have been easy for her to go back.  I mean 15 blooming feet!  I had an added bonus of having other vehicles behind me - mwah ha haaarrrr!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1